Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Task

Hi,

The weather today was rainy, but lighter than yesterday, with lots of breaks.  This was good for man and beast.  The dogs got to play a bit.  How interesting that on this side of the world there is an abundance of water, while in California there is a draught.  

Is this thing on?  Is anybody out there.  Nobody wrote me with even a wrong answer.  Hmm, guess it's not an 'Easy  Monday' song after all.  "I look inside myself and see my heart is __.  I see my red door and must have it __ __.  Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts.  It's not easy facin' up when your whole world is __."  
Hint:  The last word in the title is called a color, but it's really the absence of color.  Another word in the title refers to the act of applying said color with a brush.  

We just returned from dinner with our friends Stephan and Claire.  We went to a fairly new restaurant that is billed as a 'restaurant/gallery'.  The gallery portion of the place consist of lots of antique radios, clocks and cups.  Apparently the owner, in Bangkok, is a collector and offers these old things for sale.  Near the end of our evening they played 'My Sharona'. What?  

When the house was built we realized that there was one lightbulb that was so high up, we'd probably have to call someone to come in and change it.  Now that I have my handy lightbulb-changer pole I decided that it might be possible for me to change it.  All it took was the medium size ladder, a deep breath, and the pole and we have light again on the stairwell landing.  

Tomorrow we have another houseguest arriving.  Here's hoping the weather is like today so we can show her a few sights.  Our last guest, Irene, is in Japan and was scheduled to leave today, hopefully before the big storm gets to Tokyo. 

The photo for today was taken at Chivit Tamma Da, and shows the river bank in it's 'rainy season splendor'.  They just let it grow wild and it's like a mini jungle.  The scene across the water is actually an island in the middle of the river.  


Have a Happy Tuesday.

              Peace,
                        Danny

"Our task must be to free ourselves
by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and 
the whole of nature and it's beauty."
~Albert Einstein

No comments: