Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Nothing

Hi,

For most of the day it looked like we might get rain.  We did get a small shower and lots of threats.  Our day was spent behind the walls of the Big Brown House.

Well, the 'Easy Monday' song was "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.  Not many of you got this.  Hmm.  Maybe the 'Zany Day' song will strike a chord somewhere in your 'Oldies' memory.  "__ __ __ __ __, one that won't make me sick.  One that won't make me crash my car, or make me feel three feet thick.  __ __ __ __ __.  One that won't hurt my head, one that won't may my mouth too dry, or make my eyes too red..."  Hint:  The singer is looking for an alternative inebriant without side effects.  Is there such a thing? 

The system at Cat's school still has us baffled.  The students are in mid-term week and they take exams on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Cat has a total of 12 tests to take.  Today she had 5 and Friday she has 5 more.  I remember high school and we only had 6 classes, which meant 6 finals to study for in most cases.  I guess when you have 3 English classes, Thai language, 2 math classes, and all the science, it adds up.  The real question is just how much knowledge is being absorbed.  At any rate, she's studying hard and hoping to pass, to quote a famous song.

We are really hoping for a dry day tomorrow so the spray man can return and treat the lawn.  We are in 'tick hell' around here.  Daku is a pretty easy patient when it comes to going through his fur and picking them out.  The only place he doesn't like us working on is his tail.  With his long coat, it's a very difficult job.  We're just glad he's a light color, which makes them easier to see.  If he were black we'd probably miss half of them.  The battle continues.

While shopping at Big C the other day I was checking out the packaged meats and ran across our photo of the day.
In the cooler I saw chickens that were different colors.  This photo is a bird that was labeled 'Black Chicken'.  That's all I know about it.


Boot made me a special dessert today.  It was served hot, and had pieces of what seemed like squash in it.  It was very sweet, in fact it was too sweet.  I had a little and politely told her to save the rest.  She served the rest to Cat and me at dinner.  Cat asked her about the mystery vegetable and it turned out to be sweet potato.  So, I have now experienced 'Sweet Potato Soup'.  It would probably be a bit hit in certain quarters.  

Today was corn harvesting day in the field next door.  When I first looked out, I only saw a couple of men and it looked like a huge job, then I saw corn stalks waving and realized there were other people in there working.  The corn is so tall that I didn't see them.  They ended the day with two pick-up trucks full of bags of corn.  I'm guessing they'll be back tomorrow.  

It's time for a Wacky Wednesday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

"Nothing is permanent in this world,
not even your troubles."
~Charlie Chaplin

No comments: