Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Impossible

Hi,

As promised, today was hotter.  'They' are saying it is 105F and we believe them.  It feels even hotter when I see someone wearing a jacket.  What?

As many of you know, the 'Easy Monday' song was "Groovin'" by The Young Rascals.  'Zany Day' will get you dancin'.
"See the people walking down the street, fall in line just watching all their feet.  They don't know where they wanna go, but they're walking in time.  __ __ __ _, __ __ __ __, yeah __ __ __ __."  Hint: The group's name is one word, twice.  There is something that everyone has and they figured it out.

This morning I had my first massage since February.  I was expecting all kinds of hidden pain to be brought forth.  Khun Joy almost seemed aware of my apprehension and proceeded gently.  I forgot how relaxing the results can be.  Something has evolved in her technique since I didn't scream once (555).  

There have been several traffic lights out of service for weeks.  They are all at critical intersections and it seemed like they had been abandoned.  Today, one of them was working again and it was a relief.  I don't mind sitting through a sequence of lights if it means I don't have to play 'dodge the car/truck/bike' to get through to the other side.  

We found out today that one of the 'jolts' we felt yesterday wasn't an aftershock, but another earthquake.  Oh great.  Now I suppose we're going to have to listen to this one sending us messages for a few days.  Actually, today has been fairly calm, with just one tiny shake.  Something that I have noticed is how everyone has their own physical interpretation of the earthquake.  It might be waving of arms, hand gestures, or whole-body demonstration, but no one just says the word without some kind of dramatic expression.  

Today's photo is a recent shot of the place we visit every afternoon.  Ironically, today the water was too warm for serious swimming, but great for cooling off a little and hanging out.  


Time for a Wacky Wednesday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

"It always seems impossible
until it's done."
~Nelson Mandela

No comments: