Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Story

Hi,

We seem to be in an interesting weather pattern.  Overall, it's getting hotter, and now we have an afternoon wind that makes it feel like the Santanas in California.  Mornings with the dogs no longer require a jacket and today I put on shorts.  The 'Hot Season' is here.

The 'Easy Monday' song has some fans.  My brother, Denny, pointed out that it's the love of this thing that is the root of all evil.  Hmm, the singer still wants some.  "__ don't get every thing it's true, but what it don't get I can't use.  I need __ (that's what I want) That's what I want (that's what I want).  Whole lot of __ (that's what I want)..."  Hint:  I think you get the picture.

When the hot times come it means more watering.  Keeping things around the yard from drying out is the new daily thing.  The afternoon winds don't help.  They seem to draw the water from the soil.  A watering system is looking more and more attractive.  I have a system that I made using garden hoses and little sprinklers, and it works pretty good when one is willing to drag the whole thing out and set it up.  Hmm, that time has come and for now, I'm willing.  

There was more 'road building' behind us today.  Dump trucks have been bringing in loads of something that looks like crushed asphalt, then a tractor spreads it out.  It's taller than the rest of the land, which leads me to think that the next step will be to bring in dirt to raise the level of the land for the houses.  The lot is below the level of our house since it used to be a rice field.  Before the rainy season we'll plant more trees and bushes to provide some privacy from the new homes.  We may get our jungle habitat yet. (555)

Today's photo is from the Sunday night show by the river.  This is a traditional Thai dance and the 'petals' are fanned by the dancer as she moves.  


Have a Happy Tuesday.

              Peace,
                        Danny

"Once we know people's stories, we feel compassion instead of judgment.
~Mary Manin Morrissey

No comments: