Thursday, February 20, 2014

Find

Hi,

This morning it was cool, and looked like rain.  By mid-day it was sunny and a little cooler than yesterday.  Cooling was predicted and it looks like they got it right.  Now, if we could just get a little rain.

I see we have a few fans of 'The King' in the house.  In case you can't quite get it, here's the second verse:
"My hands are shaky and my knees are weak, I can't seem to stand on my own two feet.  Who do you thank when you have such luck?  I'm in love, __ __ __ __."  Clue:  It's way beyond trembling.

Today's big adventure was a trip to HomePro.  The main focus was to purchase one of those light bulb changing poles. Our ceilings are very high and whenever a light needs changing I have to bring in the tall ladder, climb the ladder, and change the bulb.  We found the pole and life will be different around here - if it works.  I still have to try it out, but the prospects are good.  Strolling through the store, we saw many things that could have changed our focus.  A walk down the aisles in the hardware department had me thinking that I have to come back and spend more time here. (555)  We did take a moment to sit in front of a 3D TV with the glasses on and marvel at the images.  If everything was in 3D, nothing would get done.  Fascinating.

There was an article today concerning the shortage of water.  Apparently the "Northern Royal Rainmaking Center" is looking into ways of dealing with the problem.  I love the name of this department of government.  In some parts of The Kingdom there is rain.  Rudi just returned from a long motorcycle trip with his club and they encountered heavy rain but it was much farther south of us.  Maybe some of it can drift up here and fill the reservoirs.

In Thailand, when you buy a new car, you get free auto insurance for the first year.  The law requires that the car have insurance so the dealers pay for the first year.  While talking with our insurance guy, he explained that in order to cancel the policies on the vehicles we sold, he would need the original copy of our policies.  One of them cannot be found so he said he will go to the police department and verify that we had insurance, and that the car has been sold.  It's a bit complicated and I'm grateful that he's going to to the leg work.  I can just see myself trying to explain all that to the police.  The adventure continues.

Today's photo is the last of the party by the river last Saturday night.  You will see the lanterns with fireworks, and the moon.  


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

              Peace,
                        Danny

"The best way to find yourself
is to lose yourself 
in the service of others."
~Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: