Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Funnies

Hi,

This weekend we may experience some cooler temps, but not because it's cooling off.  We're going to Chiang Mai and it's actually cooler there, which is odd because it's usually warmer.  What?

Congrats to Sandy in the Bay Area for knowing that "Western Movies" by The Olympics was the 'Zany Day' song.  It's been a rough week, tune wise, so here's one you should all know, even if you weren't born when it was released.
"I'm going to __ __, __ __ here I come (repeat).  They got a crazy way of loving there, and I'm gonna get me some."
Clue:  It's real easy.  The title is the name of a place.  

We continue to be delighted by the amazing sights we see as we travel around town.  This morning was no exception.  As we drove across town toward the highway it took a moment to realize what we were seeing.  Today's photo is a man on the back of a motorbike with a giant wok on his head.  Gives a twist to 'Walk on by'.  (555)


When we got to Big C we were pleased that we beat the Friday morning rush.  Our stay was brief, and it was off to Central Plaza for lunch.  I stopped in at the Apple Store for a 'Cloud' consultation.  Modern technology has a way of deciding things for us without asking.  I see a revolution in the future.  A lot of my music was moved to the 'iCloud', which may be fine for some, but each time I want to hear a song, it has to be loaded back into my phone via WiFi.  There are times here, when that is not possible.  The tech explained what I had to do and now I have my music back.  While I'm on the subject, I find it disturbing when I finally get comfortable with a program (app), and then they update it and it looks and acts totally different.  Hmm, anybody else experience this?

Thai money is interesting to me for two reasons.  Each denomination of paper money is a different color.  It makes it easy, once you remember the colors, to know what you're handing someone.  On the other hand, each one is a different size, which can sometimes create a problem when one 'hides' behind another.  Oh, such problems.  (555)

Tomorrow (our Saturday) we have a busy day.  We're going to Chiang Mai for a music festival at The Promenda Mall.  Before we leave town we will take Lisa's artwork to Chivit Tamma Da and install the exhibit.  In Chiang Mai we will have time to look around a bit before the event.  The show is an international line-up of acts covering a wide range of genres.  We checked them out on Youtube and want to hear more.  Sunday we will return to Chiang Rai.  One of the artists that really intrigued us is Iyeoka.  You can see a clip at Youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pes54J8PVw

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   Stay tuned for the 'Funnies'.

              Peace,
                        Danny


No comments: