Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Dream

Hi,

I had a very Happy Birthday filled with little surprises and lots of love.  Now it's time to pack for a four day trip.

Well, the 'Easy Monday' song was "Every Breath You Take" by The Police.  It's 'Zany Day' again so start humming.
"Waiting for the break of day, searching for something to say.  Flashing lights against the sky, giving up I close my eyes.  Sitting cross-legged on the floor, __ __ __ __ __."  Clue: Three of the five 'words' in the title are actually numbers.  Hmm.

Today's coconut oil project turned out to be mainly research.  Cat, Fern, and a quiet boy named Bon sat at the dining room table, with two laptops and their cell phones, investigating exactly how to do what they proposed.  We are told that they found out what to do.  When it was almost time to go for our lunch at the mall, Cat came upstairs with a drawing that Fern had made.  It was a birthday present for me.  I was floored.  She had gone into Facebook and drew from three photos from various times in my life.  They were surrounded by a guitar, headphones and a tambourine.  The composition was quite good.  We had her sign it and Lisa put it in a clear frame.  Fern had never seen one of her drawings in a frame and she was thrilled.  That was cool.

At Central Plaza we had lunch and then I was 'dropped off' at the Apple store to look for my birthday gift.  Oh my.  I wandered around the store and came upon a product called 'Leap Motion'.  I have read about it and now it was right in front of me.  It allows the user to do things on the computer by moving your hands in the air.  There are many possibilities for this once I learn what to do.  

On the main floor in the center of the mall was a Subaru display.  There were about 4 cars, plus a super-sports car that I wanted to take home.  The sign on the window showed a price of 2,640,000 Thai Baht.  'Oh', he said.  That's around $81,000 and I didn't have that much in my pocket.  It was very sleek though.  There was also a Mazda 'showroom' display in another section.  

The 'number plates' for our van finally arrived and we dropped by Suzuki for their installation.  It's comforting to know that it's done and we're 'legal'.  

During dinner we watched the Half-Pipe Snowboard competition from the Winter Olympics.  Cat had never seen the sport and was amazed.  After we'd finished eating they surprised me with a cake.  Fortunately, there were only two candles to blow out (555).  The final surprise was a gift from Cat.  It was a little music box in the form of an old-time     Victrola.  Below is a photo of the cake that Cat picked out.


Tomorrow we go to Chiang Mai for my annual Recovery Convention.  Thursday will be a day to just be in Chiang Mai and we're meeting some friends who invited us to a press conference at Promenada Resort Mall.  The press event is for a big Cultural Festival to be held in March.  We've never been to a resort mall, but if you Google it, it will blow your mind.  I'm looking forward to seeing old friends from around the world, and making some new ones at the convention.

It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

"To those who can dream there is no such place as faraway."
~Anonymous

No comments: