Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Story


Hi,

Beautiful weather prevails in Chiang Rai these days.  We're moving a bit more, feeling a little better.  

Some of you were quick to respond to this 'Easy Monday' tune.  For some of us, the first reference is Eddie Murphy.  If that brings a smile to your face, then you know this song.  It's by a trio of pretend lawmen from across the pond.
"I loved you since I knew you, I wouldn't talk down to you.  I have to tell you just how I feel, I won't share you with another boy... __, you don't have to put on the red light.  __, you don't have to put on the red light..."  Hint:  Easy one.  Extra points if you can tell me the movie in which Mr. Murphy 'sang' part of this song.

Yesterday evening Rudi brought us some tablets designed to deal with our symptoms.  We had amazing results after dinner.  The fevers went down and the aching lessened.  Another dose this morning, and while it didn't make everything all better, it did make life more tolerable.  Fortunately, we have some good distractions to baby-sit us.  Now that the China Open is over, the Shanghai Open is happening.  During the breaks in the matches they play The Beatles, Led Zep, and during the big storm they played The Doors' "Riders on a Storm".  

I managed to get myself together this afternoon and actually leave the house.  I took my computer to Central Plaza and the iService store for my new fans.  I had more energy than I thought I had, and did some light shopping at the market, strolled the main aisle, and then sat in the shop until they were done.  The mall was bustling with traffic since school is out and tourists are starting to come to town.  I had forgotten how absolutely quiet my Macbook Pro had been before the fan problem.  

In water news, it looks like Bangkok and surrounding areas are going to have some of the same problems they had in 2011.  It's the time of year when there is a high tide in the Gulf of Thailand.  There is also an excess of water in the Chao Phraya River, which runs through the city.  The river has no where to go against the tide and the result is flooding. We're just hoping people can be evacuated and prevent more loss of life.  

There is a street in Chiang Rai that we call 'Party street'.  We've never been on this street, but the signage tells the whole story.  Today's photo is a billboard on a truck with ads for various establishments on 'Party street'.  Lots of interesting use and misuse of language, but nobody seems to mind.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                    Peace,
                               Danny

"Don't believe everything you hear.
There are always three sides to a story,
yours, theirs, and the truth."
~Unknown

No comments: