Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Giants

Hi,

Today we didn't just get rain, we got a storm.  It was one of the hardest downpours in recent memory.  The afternoon was full of sunshine.  In the evening we saw a light show.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Cherish" by The Association.  Now it's time for a seasonal 'Zany Day' song.  Have fun.
"I was working in the lab late one night, when my eyes beheld a eerie sight.  For my monster on his slab began to rise and suddenly to my surprise he did __ __, he did the __ __, The __ __, it was a graveyard smash..."  Hint:  The doctor's son got his boogie on (555).  This should be easy.

This morning Daku seemed resigned to the fact that he wasn't going out to play.  Both yards were flooded and it kept on coming.  I drove Lisa to a massage appointment and the streets weren't bad, but when I went back after an hour and a half, there was some flooding in a few places.  We are still quite fortunate that things drain pretty quickly at our house, and the city isn't entirely flat.  

Living in another country and being illiterate can have it's advantages as well as being a problem.  I just realized that I don't get as annoyed by the spam text message I get because I don't know what they say.  Just one of those realities that sinks in from time to time.  

By the time we got up from our nap, the sun was shining and the yards were draining.  The uncultivated land behind us was a mud pit, the the little farm looked pretty good.  Needless to say, no one worked out there today.  

Tomorrow Cat starts the second half of her junior year in high school.  She has quite a busy class schedule, with English four days a week.  That means we have to switch from our 'simplified' English to speaking in complete sentences and using 'all the words'.  Oh, the habits one can acquire.  This evening we took Cat downtown to see the Clock Tower light show.  It keeps changing colors for five minutes, while music plays in the background.  Here is a photo as it was glowing in the red zone.


It feels like Wacky Wednesday.

                 Peace,
                            Danny

"If I have seen farther than others,
it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants."
~Isaac Newton



No comments: