Thursday, October 3, 2013

Soar


Hi,

I'm happy to announce that the patient survived the night and is expected to fully recover.  I turns out I'm not the only sick person in these parts.  Of course that hardly matters when you have a fever of 102.5 F.  Oddly, there are no other symptoms and I'm relieved about that.  Tonight the fever is at 99.2 F with mildly achy joints and creepy skin.  Now you know all the icky stuff.

Some of you know this song.  Michael sent me a word-picture of his life at the time this came out.  'Zany Day' chorus is next: "She said 'Hey, wait a minute, hold on.'  She said 'Hey, just a little bit, hold on.'  Whenever I try to think of what it feels like to feel it for the first time, and was it really such a thrill.  She said, 'Look boy, but don't you touch, that aint' much', only a __ __ __."  Hint:  Maybe he should have cut the cake and left it at that.  Hmm, what you won't do for love, and other stuff.

Since I've basically been in bed all day, I haven't seen any sights around town.  I did sit in the sun this morning, and this afternoon I went out on the balcony to watch the farmer behind us.  The corn is gone and now he is raking the leftover trash into small piles and lighting them on fire.  You know how I feel about this.  I felt compelled to take a photo just to prove a point (to whom, I'm not sure).  


Daku has been a little concerned about me.  Several times he's come to the bed and wanted me to get up.  Not his usual prodding, but more like, 'You should do something with me, now'.  I have broken our routines and that's not OK.

Water is a very big news item in Thailand these days.  There seems to be too much of it in the wrong places and it's causing problems between villages and politicians.  Certain areas south of us are protected from flooding at what seems to be the expense of small villages and farms.  Dams have been created, but not managed and they are now too full.  It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

We got a call from Cat this evening.  They went to a zoo today and saw lots of animal shows.  I don't know how, but all of the girls (5) managed to sleep last night.  Tomorrow they will bus to another area and have more adventures.  It's a great opportunity to experience parts of Thailand that might never be seen, living in the far north.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                Peace,
                           Danny

"As long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to
be down there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar
as you otherwise might."
~Marian Anderson

No comments: