Thursday, October 10, 2013

Failure


Hi,

The weather in Chiang Rai is perfect for being outside.  Clear and sunny, but not overwhelmingly hot.  I went into town today and discovered things are doing just fine.  

I'm totally impressed by the number of you who remembered this 'Zany Day' song.  The lead singer went on to become a major Country star.  This one put him on the map, as a member of a group.  "I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in.  I watched myself crawlin' out as I was a-crawlin' in, I got up so tight, I couldn't unwind, I saw so much I broke my mind.  I __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __."  Hint:  Yes, it's filed under psychedelic music (555).

There comes a time when one just has to go into the world and get food.  Most of what we needed I could get at the Healthy Market.  Having been away for over a week, and under the weather, the first thing that struck me was the smell.  The combination of chili, cooking meat, raw meat, and certain veggies blended into an aromatic shock.  I have learned to weather the initial shock and push on through when it comes to things like this.  I got all the things on the list and headed for my next stop.  Navigating the streets was pretty easy so far.  Bus station street intersects with Phaholyothin Rd. which is the main street in the central part of downtown.  It changes names after a few blocks, but this is the street that is getting all the attention these days.  I saw boxes of tiles stacked up by the construction, and a worker installing some for a new sidewalk.  Hmm, I wonder if these will be non-slip?  There is no uniformity when it comes to sidewalk surfaces.  

My stop at Work@Home made the morning trip worthwhile.  Lots of service getting the bread and then one of the staff brought me two VIP cards for a chamber concert next month.  While I was reading about the concert, the owner came in with Jonathan, our favorite English Retriever.  We had given them some powder for Jonathan's food that is good for Golden's skin when dealing with hotspots.  She was so happy that it was working and asked me to wait a moment.  She came back with a big box of chocolates she recently got in Japan.  It was cool.

More streets are closed, my further travel will take some deep thought.  I guess it comes down to dealing with change.  

Speaking of change, here's a shot from a shop in the Talat, where the calculator is not welcome.  This guy figures everything on his abacus and he's very fast.  I love the way he built it into a table, right in the front of the shop.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                       Peace,
                                  Danny

"If you have made mistakes, even serious mistakes,
you may have a fresh start any moment you choose,
for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down,
but the staying down."
~Mary Pickford

No comments: