Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Victory

Hi,

We landed in Thailand on Saturday and today was the first day we stayed on the compound all day. The mid-week battery charge will be a good thing since the rest of the week looks to be busy.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Smooth Operator" by Sade. Oh, now you remember. (Ha) I chose '86 to test you next:
"When I took you out, I knew what you were all about but when I did, __ __ __ __ __ __ __. Now I bring you home, you told me goodnight's not enough for you. I'm sorry baby __ __ __ __ __ __ __." Clue: The singer is apologizing for apparently leading someone on. Little did he know she was addicted to love.

Even though the mind was racing at 4 something this morning, we both held out until 6:30. Daku stirred a bit, but thought we were asleep. Yes, we tricked the dog, but he's a dog. He also likes to get up early. Whenever we go away he stays at Boot's apartment and wakes her up at 5am.

You know it's cold when it makes your eyes water. That's how it's been in the dim light of morning. Oh well, the days are getting longer and soon I'll be taking Daku out in a T-shirt and shorts. (Me, not him) Oh, the joys of weather. At least it's not snowing.

Tomorrow, while Lisa improves her beauty, I'll run errands. In the afternoon we'll go to see Chalit's photo exhibit at Rai Maefarluang.

Before we went to America I had looked for an iPhone 4S. They were released in Thailand the day after we left and the plan was to get one on our return. Guess what? 'No have'. That's the story from the iBeat store at Central Plaza. Every time I contact them I get the same answer: "We have a 32G model and that's all. We should get more tomorrow." Remember what John Lennon said: "Tomorrow never comes." Now I understand.

Time for a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Victory awaits those who have everything in order.
People call this luck."
~Roald Amundson (polar explorer)

No comments: