Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Funnies

Hi,

As we enter the last week of our Winter Trip, things are heating up with the weather and the schedule. Thursday we went on a little adventure in nature and today there will be more activity.

The 'Song of '75' was "Love Will Keep Us Together" by The Captain & Tennille. It's time for 'Old School Friday'. See if you know this one: "__ __ __ __, I'm not just one of your many toys. __ __ __ __, don't say I can't go with other boys. And don't tell me what to do, and don't tell me what to say and please, when I go out with you, don't put me on display, 'cause __ __ __ __...." Hint: This singer was really standing up for herself. An independent spirit. It's from 1964.

Yesterday we went to Liberty Canyon to spend some time with Blue and Ming. Blue has been living at a horse rescue ranch on the inland side of the Malibu mountains that is owned by a friend of his. Ming will be going back to Stanford today to finish out his senior year. It seems like it was not so long ago that the four of us traveled to Thailand together. That was back in 2001, Ming was 11, and now he's about to graduate from college. We took lunch with us and we all ate on a sun deck that overlooked the corrals. After we ate we looked through photos of our last 6 months so they could see the various exhibits and events as well as a movie clip of the dogs playing ball.

One of the things that I've seen that caught my eye recently was the skate park in Culver City. There must have been a 'clinic' for kids during the winter break. Several times we passed the facility at Jefferson and Duquesne and saw a very large group of tiny little kids, all on scooters. Whoever was supervising the kids is a very brave person.

While driving to our various destinations my perspective on the size of the L.A. area has changed. It's huge when I think about driving in Chiang Rai. There, we live on the north edge of the city and we can drive to the southern part of town in 10 to 15 minutes. The big streets have two lanes in either direction, but there aren't a lot of big streets. Some days it seems like there's a ton of traffic, but after driving down Venice Blvd. during rush-hour I've changed my mind on that as well.

Today I'm having lunch with a friend in Hollywood while Lisa goes to the Santa Monica Pier with August and Anna.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. And now, the 'Funnies.'

Peace,
Danny

Notes from Home

John has been absent because he had two teeth taken off his face.

Please excuse my son's tardiness. I forgot to wake him up and I did not find him
till I started making the beds.

Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.

No comments: