Sunday, January 8, 2012

Develop

Hi,

We just spent our last weekend in America for awhile. There were lunches, visits, and travel around the freeway system.

I'm a little surprised that only two people knew the 'Old School Friday' song. It was "You Don't Own Me" by Lesley Gore. Here's your 'Easy Monday' chance: "Baby's good to me you know, she's happy as can be you know, she said so. I'm in love with her and __ __ __." Hint: The singer, one of four, is quite pleased with his relationship. You really should let me know that you know this one. (555)

Friday I had lunch with my friend Frankie at a cool place called The French Quarter on Santa Monica Blvd. We talked about the creative process, and the business that comes with it, and laughed of course. A unique menu item that we both liked was 'half a sandwich'. Nice idea.

Saturday we traveled to North Hollywood for a lunch with the Valley Cousins. It's so nice to eat home-cooked meals. Nowell and Jennifer hosted lunch for eight and it was outstanding. A lighting contractor had come by to pick up a light and they invited him to join us. It was such a cool gesture. After lunch their son Chaz and I went through some of the music apps on my iPad. More fun.

In the evening I celebrated my birthday with some good friends and Lisa went out to dinner with McKinley, a friend from her childhood.

Sunday we lunched with my Mom at Thai Boom. We came home and relaxed a bit and then went over to Alhambra to visit our friend Debby, another childhood friend of Lisa's.

In between the meals and traveling around we've been able to spend some time with August and C-Bass. August taught me how to play 'Crazy 8s' and we played the longest game ever. I've had some nice visits with C-Bass, while he played video games and enjoyed listening to his drumming (it's unavoidable). August played one of the piano pieces he's working on and let me film it. This week they will both be back in school so we'll have limited time with them before we leave.

Today we have another lunch date with a good friend and then we start rounding up the things we have to take back to Thailand.

Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"The way to develop the best that is in a person
is by appreciation and encouragement."
~Charles Schwab

No comments: