Thursday, January 19, 2012

Give

Hi,

Today the weather in Chiang Rai stayed about the same. Cold nights and warm days. Of course, if one lives in the L.A. area it would seem warm at night. This was a day of errands, and napping through tennis.

So was it a New Years resolution not to play 'the game'? I know somebody out there knows this song. Here's more:
"You read me wrong. I wasn't tryin' to lead you on, not like you think. __ __ __ __ __ __ __. I know you expected a one-night-stand, when I refused, I knew you wouldn't understand. I'm sorry baby, __ __ __ __ __ __ __." Clues: This song is a cover of a 1984 recording, but became very popular with this version in '86. The singer is no longer with us, but left a wonderful catalogue of music.

This morning I made a solo run to Makro, our version of Costco. As I was leaving the poultry area I noticed a display that took me by surprise. Bright red, hard-boiled duck eggs in honor of Chinese New Year. Hmm. The actual day is on Monday, but the celebrating will probably go on throughout the weekend. We've heard fireworks already, and tonight I saw six lanterns floating upwards like a string of lights in the night sky.

Boot asked me to take a look at the vacuum cleaner this morning. Actually she said it was 'broke'. She may be right. I started it up and it moaned and groaned and then smoke came out. I took it to the repairman we call 'Fan guy' since that's what we usually take him.

The early rounds of the Australian Open haven't been that exciting, but they're great for watching and dozing after lunch. One more round and the action will heat up. I guess that could be considered a play on words since it's summer there and very hot.

Our plan to see Chalit's photo exhibit got changed to next Tuesday. That way he will be able to go with us and translate the bios for each subject and tell us a little about each shoot. All of the portraits are of people who have been important in Chiang Rai. It's part of the year-long celebration of the 750th anniversary of the province.

Right now, in Chiang Rai, there are tourists from all over the world enjoying the sights, sounds, and weather. During the day we saw people riding bikes, walking, and traveling in vans taking in the Northern aspect of Thailand.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"You give but little when you give of your possessions.
It is when you give of yourself that you truly give."
~Kahlil Gibran

No comments: