Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Worry

Hi,

We woke up to a very foggy morning. In the four years we've been here we've never seen fog like this. It hung around 'til mid-morning and then it was a beautiful day. Lisa did art and I watched Thai TV at Toyota.

Our 'Easy Monday' song seemed to spark creativity in a bunch of you. Responses that let me know you know the song without naming titles or names. Very clever. Here's another verse if you still need help: "If she tells you, 'I love you'. Just remember she said that to me. __ __ __, (followed by a bunch of the last word)" Hint: What? No,no,no.

This morning we drove up to the university for the beginning of the 3-day event. I stayed until they began the opening speeches. There were lots of familiar faces among the artists participating. There was also a delegation of artists from China on hand to contribute to the celebration of The King's birthday and Chiang Rai's 750 Anniversary.

I arrived at Toyota early for my service appointment. It still took two hours, but every inch of the car is inspected. While I waited in their very cool area, I got more acquainted with a few of my music apps on the iPad and watched the Thai version of "The View". They do a lot of location segments and some were interesting, even though I hardly understood them. Then there was a musical show that consisted of three young singers competing for an unknown prize. Finally, there was "Ask a Monk", a popular short show that starts with a comedic, slap-stick scene that always ends in a dispute. Then a monk stops by and everyone tells their side. He chuckles and jokes with them. After the commercial, he offers words of wisdom, they wai, and it's over.

By the looks of the news, things are still very bad for many people in the areas surrounding central Bangkok. Relief efforts continue as the water remains.

In the afternoon I went back to Rajabhat (corrected spelling) University to get Lisa. I walked around and looked at the work in progress. It's amazing what some artists can produce in one day. Lisa had many visitors to her work station during the day. School children were brought to the workshop to watch the artists work. The piece Lisa is working on features the face of The King. Most of the work is done with the piece face down while she draws and paints. When she would turn it over to show the kids, they would react in happy recognition. It was a good day.

Tomorrow I will go back to see Dr. Oy (dentist), then Khun Joy (massage), and then back to the university for the end of the day. Whew.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want."
~Abraham

No comments: