Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Awareness

Hi,

It was another beautiful day in Chiang Rai. We went to the mall, saw an old friend, had coffee with another, and continued plans for the Winter Visit to America.

Isn't it nice when 'Easy Monday' is easy? Many right answers to this song. I think you know it. Here's more:
"When you snap your fingers, or wink your eye, I come running to you. I'm tied to you, baby and there's nothing I can do. Ooh, sugar. Sugarpie honeybunch, I'm weaker than a man should be. __ __ __ __, I'm a fool in love you see..."
Hint: The title (4 words) might be spoken as you grab that second piece of whatever tastes so good.

This morning I had an appointment with Dr. Oy for a filling replacement. Yesterday I started having cold symptoms that turned into a mild nasal/throat thing. Not bad, but when I told Dr. Oy she suggested we reschedule. While I was there Dr. Nan, our former dentist, showed me pictures of her baby girl. I hadn't seen her since day 2 of her life. She's over 2 months old now.

A few days ago I dropped a small hard-drive that contains all of our current TV watching. Oh my. It won't run properly so today we set out to see about getting it fixed. The first stop confirmed what I knew, but they didn't know anything about fixing it. That led us to Central Plaza and Banana I.T. where we bought it. Many tests were made, all with the same conclusion. No work. Hmm, I knew that. It appears that we will be taking it with us to the States for repair. As we were leaving the Plaza someone called my name. It was Khun Singh, our Tuk-Tuk buddy. He came over and greeted us in his usual outgoing way. In the meantime, we still have lots of things to entertain us so all is not lost. In addition, I'm keeping a much firmer grip on everything I carry. (555)

This afternoon we met our friend Atom for coffee at Doi Chaang. She brought us early Christmas gifts and told us about her experience last weekend at a meditation retreat. She also told us about taking her small dog to a new groomer. When the time came to pick up her pet she almost didn't recognize him. The had put bows in the fur by his ears. The dog is clearly a boy, but sometimes people can get carried away making things 'cute'. Hmm.

Lisa is making final preparations for the art workshop she will participate in next week. For two days, artists from the area will paint at Chiang Rai Rachapat University. The school supplies everything but brushes. This will be a new experience since Lisa's technique includes many other factors besides painting. She's going to do the final process on one of her prints so they can see how it works, but she's also going to paint on canvas. I'll keep you posted on the progress when it begins.

We will be flying to Bangkok on December 21 for an overnight stay and then heading east the next day. You see, to us America is the Far East. We will be in The States for our usual 3 weeks. Everything is in place with the exception of packing the bags. (Ha) There is still much to do in order for things to run smoothly here while we're gone. It's become pretty routine for us now (he said laughing).

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Let us not look back in anger,
nor forward in fear,
but around us in awareness."

No comments: