Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Funnies

Hi,

After receiving news of the weather in parts of the U.S., I will stop complaining about the cold temps here in Chiang Rai.

I hope the 'Song of '91' didn't drive you "Crazy". It was sung by Seal. Now it's time for 'Old School Friday'. We're going back to 1959 and a song with some fun background parts. "Mm dooby do, dahm dahm, dahm do dahm ooby do, (repeat a few times). I want, want you to kno-o-ow. I love, I love you so. Please hold, hold me so tight. All through, all through the night... __ __, darling, __ __, darling. I need, need you so much, wanna feel your wa-arm touch..."
Hint: By a girl group with the same name as a model of Cadillac.

This morning I had one of those 'hurry up and wait' experiences. I had a 10 o'clock appointment to get the car serviced. I was on time, but when I pulled into the lot there was a line of cars checking in. When I finally got to the service consultant he spoke no English. He left me sitting there for about 10 minutes and then came back with a woman who informed me that the car wouldn't be ready until 3pm. It was supposed to take one hour. I left with a new appointment for next week. The number of cars wanting service may have something to do with the fact that Monday is a big holiday. It's Constitution Day in this young democracy. Banks, school, and many businesses with be closed and we will probably be hearing lots of fireworks.

This afternoon, on my way back from New Life Foundation, I stopped by Prataap Jai to pick up Lisa's paintings that had been on exhibit. Tomorrow night they have a new exhibit opening featuring two photographic artists. Our friend Chalit is one of the artists and he asked me to cut the ribbon to open the exhibit. The other artist, Caty, is co-owner of Prataap Jai. We're looking forward to this since it's Chalit's first time showing his work.

Sunday we're having friends over for lunch. Justin and his wife Lisa, plus their young son are coming over. Justin is the general manager of Le Meridien Resort and his wife is an artist. In the evening we'll be going to Jaffee's for another Full Moon Party. Saturday is the actual night for the full moon, but it's supposed to be a total eclipse, not to mention the exhibit opening that we all want to attend. Once again, our weekend will be full of exciting activity.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd and stay warm. Time for some 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?

Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?

Why are there flotation devices under the plane seats instead of parachutes?

Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?

How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?

If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: