Thursday, March 11, 2010

Growth

Hi,

Today was a productive day. We had hair appointments, ran errands, ate good food, took a nap, and Sam and Emma arrived.

There were many responses to this song. That tells me that more of you know it but aren't really sure. Hmm.
"Just __ __ __, you won't see me follow you back home. Now as the rain beats down upon my weary eyes, for me it cries." Clue: The name of the group is a creative hangout in the 'City of Lights'. If it's not right, what's Left? There's a girls name in the title.

So, I've pretty much covered the high points of the day already. This morning, while Blue and I were walking down the main business street, we saw an old abandoned classic Thai house that was covered in Morning Glories. He took some pictures and I hope to post them soon. The property was huge and it's a mystery to us as to how it just sits there.

We have a cell phone that we keep for guests when they're in town. I charged it up so Blue could use it, and discovered that the SIM card had expired. Blue took it in to get a new card and phone number and the whole process cost about $1.50 USD. What can I say? I guess that why we see so many phones all over town.

This evening I went down to the new bus station to pick up Sam and Emma. On my way, I spotted a Tuk-Tuk with green neon tubes down the length of the running boards and along the back. I thought that was pretty cool until a pick-up truck came up next to me with a blue glow in the cab. When we got to the house, BamBam knew there were new people inside and began barking. When we let her in, she did her usual cautious thing, but very quickly warmed up to Emma and now they're buddies. Of course, when Daku came in there was no waiting period. If he sees you, you're his friend.

Sam and Emma will be with us until the first of next week. Tomorrow we'll go to the mixed Hill Tribe village, and then up to Chiang Saen to see The Golden Triangle. That's just the beginning. Stay tuned for the adventures.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Spiritual growth results from absorbing and digesting truth
and putting it to practice in daily life."
~White Eagle

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: