Thursday, March 25, 2010

Friendship

Hi,

There is rain in the forecast. We paid a visit to a friend, made a new one, said goodbye to Rene, and the dogs are respecting the new barrier. Life is good.

Oh yes, lots of response to this one. Maybe the last line of the song will wake up the memory. It happened in 1965.
"And when I awoke, I was alone, this bird had flown. So I lit a fire, isn't it good, __ __?" Hint: There a reference to a country in the title. Hmm.

We went out this afternoon to visit our good friend Tye, who's been watching her sister's pharmacy. While we were there I was standing near the entrance, checking out the traffic, when a man walked by with bags of groceries. He was obviously not Thai so I gave him a nod of acknowledgement, as I often do with fellow expats. He stopped and started to walk towards me. Then he smiled and said, "I know you, you're Danny Moses". Hmm, I didn't know him. It turns out he's a friend of Boot's and she had told him all about us. She'd even given him my CD and he said he enjoyed it. He met Lisa and we decided that we should get together sometime. The circle continues to grow.

While we were at the pharmacy, Tye showed us on a map, where the dance concert will be held in Chiang Mai. It doesn't look too hard to get to, based on the map. More will be revealed. She pointed out that on the tickets, it asks that everyone wear pink. Hmm, don't have any pink but we'll look into it. This should be interesting.

This evening I was following a motorbike that had a red LED tail light that went around in a circle. Fascinating, and totally distracting. Cute, but maybe not the best idea around. The light show is still happening on the street, with more creative uses for lights on vehicles. I've been seeing more motorbikes with lights glowing from underneath, just like the cars. We're still wanting blue lights on our car. What fun.

Don't forget, this weekend is the Australian GP of Formula One. I just know you can't wait. (Ha)

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Friendship is like a bank account;
you cannot continue to draw on
it without making a deposit."
~Nicole Beale

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: