Monday, September 21, 2009

Kindness

Hi,

This weekend we had wind and rain. Just the usual 'hit and run' storms that happen in the rainy season. We stayed pretty close to home and hung out. Today was a different story.

The weekend song was "Takin' It To The Streets" by The Doobie Brothers. Now it's time for 'Easy Monday'.
"__ __ __ (doo-lang doo-lang doo-lang), wish he were mine (doo-lang doo-lang doo-lang), that handsome boy over there (doo-lang doo-lang doo-lang), the one with the wavy hair (doo-lang doo-lang doo-lang) Hint: The one' from '63 and was sung by another group named after a fabric. It went to #1 and it's really pretty easy.

Saturday was a pleasant day, nothing special that I can remember. I went for an afternoon swim and then the clouds started rolling in. When the wind comes up you know there's about to be a dramatic change. Around 4:30 the sky got darker than usual and the first thing that came to mind was 'Walking Street' was about to be rained out. Actually, the rain stopped early enough but the wind may have messed up more than a few canopies and vendor stalls. We didn't close our big umbrella over the dog run and the wind bent the pole and rendered it unusable.

Sunday morning I went downtown to get a new umbrella. The store where I went was right near a huge paved lot that's used as a Honda rider training center. I'd never seen it used for that purpose until Sunday. There were about eight young people standing on the sideline watching an instructor go around a course that had been set up with pylons. I watched him do several laps, weaving in and out and increasing his speed each lap. So that's where they learn to drive like that. Hmm. It was really meant as a safety skill, but we know what happens.

Today was a busy one for me. This morning I did a solo shopping run to Big C and points beyond. After a routine visit to the 'C' for basics, I headed over to 'Bus Station Street' and a stop at the health food store. I ended up parking on 'Night Bazaar Street'. While I was at the health store I had a chance to witness the meter guy at work. I kept seeing this guy on his motorbike stopping and going up to store fronts. He had on a sun hat and a full face covering, which is not unusual here. He was reading electrical meters, inputting numbers in a handheld device and leaving the bill, all in one visit. No mail or clerical work involved. Fascinating.

This afternoon we enjoyed our weekly massage and then paid a visit to Jen and her sons, who were all at the tractor store. We learned some new things about flags, and had a few laughs.

Oh, I almost forgot. I got a message from Blue over the weekend sending me a link to the Doi Chaang web site. It seems that they put a link on their front page taking readers to my blog site. It was part one of 'Adventures on the Mountain'. Now the mystery is, how did they know about that entry? I'll try and find out tomorrow and let you know. As I told Blue, 'I'm flattered and floored.'

Have a Wonderful Week,

Peace,
Danny

"Kindness is an inner desire that makes us want to do good things
even if we do not get anything in return.
It is the joy of our life to do them.
When we do good things from an inner desire,
there is kindness in everything we say, think, want and do."
~Emanual Swedenburg

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: