Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We had a calm night and a sunny day today. Daku is being a 'teenager'. I figured out how to exit the grounds, and more is revealed on the power front.

I'm so happy that some of you read the clues. "Working In the Coal Mine" by Lee Dorsey. For the weekend I think this might be easy so I grabbed lyrics from later in the song. (Ha) Have fun with this one:
"I've been searching for the daughter of the devil himself, I've been searching for an angel in white. I've been waiting for a woman who's a little of both and I can feel her but she's nowhere in sight... __ __ __ __, in between the dark and the light...." Hint: He might find her at Hotel California, but not during the day.

Daku is now eight months old, big as a house, and acting like the teen that he is. He's doing things that he knows will get him in trouble. I usually take him out on a leash in the morning, and he gets a free run after breakfast and in the afternoon. It's when he's off the leash that he pushes the boundaries. He'll look at me and then run into a flower bed, knowing he's going to get yelled at. It's like 'catch me if you can'. I give him 'the look' and he usually cooperates. Today I caught him chewing on a potted plant that sits outside of the new enclosure. A few leaves came through the fence so he decided to graze. As soon as I said his name he turned and walked away. He can also be the funniest, cutest dog in the world. I just have to remember that.

Now that I have to close the front gate when I leave, it poses the problem of what to do with the car while I close said gate. The path to town is to the right, which means I have to cross to the other side of the road. There's no parking there and if I turn right next to the wall, facing oncoming traffic, it's all gravel. I finally figured out that if I park in front of Mr. Narong's wall, to my left, I can close the gate and then make a U turn and be on my way. Sometimes there's no traffic and other times it's a zoo. Can't wait for the motor to be fixed.

After reading a message from our friend Blue, I see what I need to do about the power situation. The things that got 'hurt' during the storm were a result of the power going off and on. It's almost a given that we'll have an outage during a heavy storm. When the power comes back on there's a surge and things can get zapped. The trick is finding surge protectors that really do what they say. We're going to invest in some good stuff and get some back-up power as well. The adventure continues.

Our dear friend Seth Isler is performing his one man show "The Godfadda Workout" for two nights only and I've been told that if you don't show up, a big black car may pull up in front of where you live. (Ha) The show will be at the Norris Center in Palos Verdes on October 16 and 17. Godfadda would really appreciate your presence on the 17th since the show will be viewed by some big mucky mucks from a major hotel chain.
You can call: (310) 554-0403 to order your tickets or go to: www.norristheatre.org Oh, and leave your hardware at home.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. Enjoy part one of the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

Raising Boys!

A. For those with no children - this is totally hysterical!
B. For those who already have children past this age, this is hilarious.
C. For those who have children this age, this is not funny.
D. For those who have children nearing this age, this is a warning.
E. For those who have not yet had children, this is birth control.

The following came from an anonymous Mother in Austin, Texas .. . ...
Things I've learned from my Boys (honest and not kidding):

A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. foot house 4 inches deep.

If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.

A 3-year old boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.

You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on.

When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

The glass in windows (even double-pane) don't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already too late.

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: