Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Chiang Rai had a variety of weather today. It went from gloomy to sunny to downpour. The dogs have a new hangout, I watched the movement of monks, and another weekend is upon us.

Well, only a handful got the last song. It was "Hungry Like The Wolf" by Duran Duran. Now the clues make sense.
"You don't know me but I'm your brother. I was raised here in this living hell. You don't know my kind in your world. Fairly soon the time will tell. You, telling me the things you're gonna do for me. I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see, __ __ __ __ __ (repeat 2x)" Hint: By a group of brothers who weren't brothers proclaiming what they were gonna do.

This morning when Khun Yone showed up, Lisa asked him if he'd be finished today. He assured her that he'd be done. Then we started monitoring the sky and we wondered whether the rain would come before he left. He and his welder finished about 10 minutes before the rain in the late afternoon. The dog enclosure is great. He's actually a carpenter who was referred to us by our landscape guy, Kek. Now he's going to build a cabinet for Lisa to store her art. There's just never enough walls.

I was sitting across the street from Wat Phra Kaew late this morning, near the market place, when I realized there was a sea of orange in front of me. It was around 11 and all the young initiates were going out for a little free time. They seemed to range in age from 8 to late teens. Many of them were engaged in animated conversation. I tried to imagine them sitting in quiet meditation or focused on studies. I suppose it happens but for the moment, those things seemed to be far from their minds. I was reminded of the film "The Cup". If you've never seen it, find it and watch.

There is another observation I've been meaning to share with you. One of the night time scenes that fascinates me is the scavengers. These are not homeless trash pickers, but serious business folks. When night falls they don their miner's lights (a light on a band worn on the head), mount their motorbikes with trailer attached and head out to find the treasure in other peoples' garbage. They're very methodical about it. They pull up to the beginning of a block, turn on their 'head light' and go to work. Then it's back on the bike for a short ride to the next bag of trash and the same thing is repeated. I guess it goes all night. They are all over town and I'm guessing there are routes they take with territories and boundaries. Amazing Thailand.

It's time for the 'Funnies'. Since American Football is in full swing, I thought it would be a good time to spring this joke sent to me by my good friend Claire. Some of you may remember this but you can never know enough about football. (Ha)

Have a Brilliant WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

Football FINALLY makes sense..........

A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had
great seats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked
her how she liked the experience.

"Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and
all the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were
killing each other over 25 cents."

Dumbfounded, her date asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of
the game, all they kept screaming was: 'Get the quarter back! Get the
quarter back!' I'm like....Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents!!!!

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: