Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Spirit

Hi,
I don't mean to sound like a bragging parent or anything, but Bam-Bam seems to have grasped the whole 'training' thing already. Day three and she handled her business on her own. Now we have to teach her to pick up after herself.
I only heard from one of you regarding the song. Brenda was quick with the answer Today's line will surely open your mind.
"It's just another __ __. I wish it was Sunday, 'Cause that's my funday, my I don't have to runday. It's just another __ __." Clues: This is such a gift, I don't think I can leave any clues.
We had dinner with a friend of our friend John's this evening. Her name is Penny and she's been traveling around Thailand. It's so interesting to talk to 'adventurers' these days. There was a time when it all seemed so distant and romantic. Now we're sharing stories about our lives and it all still seems distant and romantic. I suppose it's all relative. We find our comfort zone and take our time stepping out. Penny has lived in Bali, South America and a few other places that just slipped my mind. Next, she's headed for Corsica. Wow.
The sky tonight is clear, which is rather unusual these days. It's full of stars and for a brief moment there was nothing but the sound of crickets. We have lights that sit on top of the wall across the front of the property and they put a glow on the front lawn and it's contours that makes it kind of magical. Still in a bit of a transition stage, getting used to the fact that this is where I live and it's not temporary.
Earlier today we traveled south of town to a giant store that sells a little bit of everything. We were looking for a lamp for the guest room, and some nice waste-baskets. We ended up with a crazy lamp shaped like a cat, that serves as a night light with a clock and a reading lamp as well. We also got some other things we didn't know we needed. (isn't that the way it goes?)
Oh yeah, Bam-Bam and Boot have totally bonded and she follows Boot all around the yard. She hangs out on the step to Boot's apartment and when it's time for cooking, she lounges on the step to the kitchen. Tonight they took a motorbike ride to visit Boot's friend Da. That's where Icy lives. When Boot showed up with the puppy, Icy gave her the cold shoulder. Hmm.
Our next big thing is the party this Saturday. We just have a few more things to do and hopefully we'll have time to just chill until the big day. I wish you could all come to the party, but I guess I'll have to just tell you about it and share some pictures.
Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Man has never made any material as resilient as the human spirit."
~Bern Williams

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: