Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
We come to the end of a very busy, interesting week. Some things have changed and some remain the same. All in all, life is going on, just as if I hadn't planned a thing. Oh, the art of letting go. (What?)
I've been enjoying the mail this week, even though some of it is brief. I know that "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" by The Beatles was a tough one (5) but you came through with gusto. Here are a few lines to start your weekend. "Yeah, this is a story of a famous dog. For the dog that chases its tail will be dizzy. These are clapping dogs, rhythmic dogs, harmonic dogs, house dogs, street dogs...Bow-wow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah..." Hint: The song is about a dog. (Ha) Tell me the title, artist and quote a famous line from the song. Hmm. You can thank Christopher for the inspiration.
We traveled down to Wat Rong Khun this morning and got there before the tourists. The place was practically empty, which was perfect for taking our time and examining things. There is a major remodeling project going on at the entrance to the chapel and it meant we couldn't walk over the bridge. Fortunately I have lots of pictures so I can show John what we missed. If you're wanting to see what I'm talking about you can either go to the Flickr site and go way back to November or you can Google 'Wat Rong Khun' and you'll find many sites with pics.
We returned to Chiang Rai and had lunch at The Legend. This is a little resort that we visited when we first got to town. It's a high-end spot on the river that's quite nice. Lunch was good, the atmosphere was great, and we hung out for quite a while.
Back at The Place, Bam-Bam is getting older and bolder. Today Lisa played with her and the level of play has escalated. She (Bam-Bam) is charging and running more and going places in the yard with wild abandon. I'd make some kind of profound analogy to humans, but I think I'll leave that alone.
This evening Lom, the woman who's helping put on the party, arrived with supplies for tomorrow. It's an odd feeling to not have to do anything. It won't be like this all the time, but we'll get to see what a Thai party is like and then we can go from there. There are more cultural things to absorb, more social nuances to observe, and new people to meet. Who knows, we just may widen our circle of friends. Some of the guests are from our list and some are Boot's friends. The adventure continues.
It's time for the 'Funnies', sent to me by on old distant friend, Daryl. Let me know if you relate. Have a Dynamic WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it develops:

I decide to water my garden.
As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide
my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch
table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage
can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox, when I take
out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only 1
check left.
My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the
house to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke
aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke
is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to
keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the
counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses
that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water
and suddenly I spot the TV remote someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for
the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I
decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water
the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back
down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:


----the car isn't washed,

----the bills aren't paid,

----there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter,

----the flowers don't have enough water,

----there is still only 1 check in my check book,

----I can't find the remote,

----I can't find my glasses,

----and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.


Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really

baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for

it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY.

GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC.

P.S. I just remembered.

I LEFT THE WATER RUNNING IN THE DRIVEWAY!


Gettin' Funky, Thia Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: