Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Finish

Hi,
Today is the day of long quotes. Didn't plan it that way, it just happened. It was also our first day to wake up in the new house. More about that later.
The song you didn't know was "The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)" Linda sent this history, which was actually shortened by me. I think this is enough to make you want to hear it. "The original version of this song was released by Merry Clayton. However,
it did not become a hit until a version of this song was released by Betty Everett in 1963 on her album "It's In His Kiss" and then as a single in 1964. This version became a big hit in many markets, both in the United States and internationally. Many other versions of this song have been recorded by such artists as Linda Ronstadt, Aretha Franklin, Cher, The Supremes, and Lulu." Now you know.
Next up, a singer who's asking for something new. What is it? "One that won't make me nervous, wonderin' what to do. One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you. When I'm alone with you." Hint: He's looking for something to take. Hmm.
Last night we were so excited it was hard to go to sleep. Thoughts were clashing. How wonderful it is verses all the things that still had to be done. Boot got up at 5 a.m. and I got up at 6:15. Lisa managed to go back to sleep a few times, but I was wide awake. I went down and opened the gate early, since we didn't know what time the workers would arrive. There's a button in the hall that we can push to activate the gate. We also have two remotes. Still love my technology, even in the country.
Workers started hitting the yard at 8 o'clock. I could have slept in. (Ha) Most of the morning work had to do with the landscape. I use that term because it's so much more than gardens. Today part of the crew scrubbed the sitting stones that are placed at various points. Another team painted the driveway. And just when we thought the planting was over, more plants were put in the ground. We found out today that the three palms across the back are coconut palms. Kek, the artist that created all this, has committed to being the caretaker of this masterpiece. That is a big relief. If you've seen any of the pictures you'll understand. Oh, and more to be posted very soon.
If you'd like to get in touch with me, during these lean internet days, you can call. If you use Skype, set up a 'Skype Out' number with Thailand as the country. Then enter 08-7182-5507 (without the dashes) and you'll reach my cell phone. If you don't have internet telephony (I love that term) you can call 01166-08-7182-5507. That would be long distance, which you can do with various methods. Or you can make a local call to (310) 499-0102 and it will forward to me. Be aware that I won't stay on too long since I'm paying. Not to be rude or anything, I won't hang up on you. If you don't reach me, it's probably the middle of the night and my phone is off. So, we now know how to stay in touch if a voice is necessary.
It's time for a Wacky Wednesday. Enjoy.

Peace,
Danny

"Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day;
you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit
to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: