Thursday, June 12, 2008

Change

Hi,
A few days ago I mentioned that our house is practically in the country. Or, the area is just outside of town and it's 'country'. Or, it has the feel of living in the country. Whew! The point of all that was to say that the roosters wake me up in the morning. I'll explain more in a minute.
It looks like some of you have listened to the news (one of today's hints). Now you get to hum the first verse and send me mail.
"__ __ __ __ __, one that won't make me sick, one that won't make me crash my car or make me feel three feet thick..."
Hint: I think you know by now that he's tired of something, and wants a change. A new something.
When we lived in the rental house, in the city, there were roosters. Some of them crowed all day. Then they seemed to stop. Now I know that roosters don't migrate but it was odd. The country roosters are scattered some distance away, to the rear of our property. One will crow and another will answer, and another and so on. It's almost like wolves in the moonlight. It could be that the waking up thing is due to that fact that we open the window in the middle of the night. That lets the lovely rooster tunes into the house early. I think the air/con at the rental muffled the sound. Hmm. Bottom line, two mornings here and up at 6 a.m.
It was another day of slowly unpacking and pondering. We both made progress with our respective 'rooms'. Lisa's art studio is looking like it's ready for work. I'm still considering where to put everything and how to wire things. I took a couple of didjeridoo breaks and that was cool. The house is rather boomy so the didj sounds are intense.
Yesterday afternoon the pool guy, Kob, explained all the hardware in the big hole behind the waterfall. He showed me how to set the timers, and shut things off and on. And then the first thing I heard this morning, after Mr. Rooster, was the sound of rushing water. One of the pipes feeding the pool had come apart and water was flooding the lawn. I found the valve to shut off the water to the house and did the deed. Only problem with a solution like that, no water in the house. Oh my. We endured until Kob arrived. He fixed the pipe and water was restored.
Life will be full of little adventures, mishaps and wonderful moments. That's what it's all about. Sometimes, when a string of the same thing appears, it all gets magnified out of proportion. That's the big job now. Keeping a perspective, chin up, head high, blah blah.... It really does work once one gets over ones self. Life here can be viewed with many shades of glasses. It's all a matter of choice.
Now it's time to do a Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Every change is not an improvement,
but every improvement is by change."
~Unknown


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: