Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Shadows

Hi,
This morning I took my laptop over to CAT and discovered they'd never installed the software driver on a Mac either. So, two bosses and I sat together for a couple of hours and got real close. I left my box with them (separation anxiety) and Lisa and I got into our day. I reached them during lunch and they were on the internet, from my computer. There is still something to fix, but I'm sitting on the bed writing this message and I'll send it from the bed. Now things can begin to 'normalize'. Hmm, abnormal not to have internet?
I'll bet some of you observant ones noticed that I forgot to give you day two of our current song. Fear not. This should help:
"Well there's a rose in a fisted glove, and the eagle flies with the dove, and if you can't be with the one you love honey __ __ __ __ __" I don't think any hints are needed after that line.
The August Chronicles: It's been a while since I featured the adventures of Mr. August. The big news from him is that he just bought a laptop, with his own money. He bought a Dell, but put an Apple sticker over the logo on the cover. Let's you know where his heart is. Our 8 year old techie saved up and is now a truly independent soul. He told us he's watched a movie, played a few games and made long distant calls. He said he set up Skype himself. Hmm. Anyway, he Skyped us at the coffee shop and while we were talking, he got up, walked to his room and connected the laptop to his sound system. He's going to be busy this week (last week of school) as DJ August. He has two gigs in one day at school. An afternoon party for his class and an after school gig at the after-care 'Club 26'. Most of the money he saved was from DJing parties. I see a bright future here.
This evening we had our first dinner party. Nukoon and his wife Sutheera came over to see the house and join us for dinner. Some of you may remember our dinner adventures with them in the past. We had a really nice time. They brought us a beautiful portrait of Rama V, one of the most revered Kings of Thailand. It's a sign that we're acclimating when we can discuss Thai politics, economy and culture and not feel nervous or stumble for words. It also helps that they speak English. (5)
The device I have for our internet is quite something. It looks like a usb memory stick with two tiny flashing lights. It's giving us speeds that are much higher than we've had since we've been in the country. It's a CDMA network, for those of you who are curious. I'm so jazzed. Can't wait for someone to wake up so I can test out Skype. (Isn't it nice of me to wait?)
It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Sometimes life's shadows are caused by
our standing in our own sunshine."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: