Monday, April 21, 2008

Tension

Hi,
I'm back from the weekend. Speaking of that, my friend Frank figures there must be something out there that points to the origin of that term. Any takers?
Over the weekend you were supposed to be remembering a particular song. Only three of you got it. It was "Politician" by Cream. Hmm, now the clues make sense. Here's one that may stump some of you, but I just know I'll get some mail after you sing along.
"I ain’t got no money, I ain’t like those other guys you hang around. It’s kinda funny, but they always seem to let you down..."
Clues: It's from '80, and the singer wants to be something. He's been known by many names, including a reference to a color.
Saturday Poui and her mom came over for lunch. They took a wrong turn and got lost and I had to go and meet them and show them the way. I only mention that part because it made me smile, that I knew where they were and how to get home. Guess I'm settling in and becoming localized. Another indication was on Sunday when we were walking down 'The Strip' and one of the Tuk-Tuk drivers called out and said, 'Hi Danny'. Nice.
Saturday afternoon we got our living room set for the new house. We set it up so we can use it here in the rental house. It's all very comfortable and it's going to work with our new floors just fine. I'll have to take some pictures so you can see. That evening we drove out to Makro and did a little shopping and looking. It was fun to get out on the road, even for a brief time.
I know I keep talking about the weather, but it's a great conversation piece here. Everybody is talking about the weather and how hot it is. Even though it happens every year. For instance, tonight at seven o'clock it was 90 degrees. Hmm, that's hot. How hot is it? It's so hot that the ants tried to come inside to beat the heat. Fortunately, they only found one point of entrance and we were able to fight them off. It wasn't pretty, but it's over now.
Sunday we did our usual evening thing and went down to the NB for dinner. After dinner I went and jammed with my new friends. There we were, on one of the isles, with three didgeridoos droning away and a youngster playing a drum. The guys put out a basket, as a lark I think, and people were stopping to listen and put money in the basket. We had a lot of fun and we'll do it again next week.
Today I had a revelation of sorts. We were sitting in traffic and I noticed a young woman on a motorbike. She was one of three and she was sitting in the first position. The driver was second and then another behind her. What hit me was, the first person sees everything that's coming yet has no control at all. I put myself in that position and it was a very creepy feeling. Imagine, flying through the wind and having no control, just faith in the driver. Hmm, not where I'd want to be.
Work resumed on the house today, with the crew returning from their vacation. There's a roof to finish, walls to be painted, a ton of tile to be set and a pool to finish. It is about six weeks from completion and patience is now a word that comes to mind.
Have an Inspired Week.

Peace,
Danny

"Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are."
~Chinese Proverb

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: