Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Are you ready for the weekend? I don't know where that came from. Maybe remembering how much weight was put on it. Especially during the school days. Don't worry, I'm not going to take you down memory lane right now. But...
OK, speaking of memory lane, there was nobody walking down it the last two days. Ricardo was the only one to know the song by The Chambers Brothers. It was "Time Has Come Today". Guess you'd better go to iTunes or somewhere and hear a sample. I must admit, it was intended to be a stumper, but I didn't think it would be that dramatic. Here's an easy one for over the weekend.
"You say yes, I say no. You say stop, and I say, go, go, go. Oh, no..." Hint: One of many by a prolific quartet from across the pond. That's all you get.
Today we picked the colors for the tile grout. It was simple and painless. Supat brought the tiles and a color chart to the house and we just matched them up. Hmm, why couldn't choosing the tile have been that easy? Then we drove up to Mon's shop and went over the fabrics we'd picked for the window treatments. It was a bit taxing, having a three way conversation with Boot and not being sure if everything was getting across. It should be pointed out that Boot also was taxed in the process, sometimes having to explain things to Mon that had no Thai word. We finally had all windows accounted for and a plan to revisit the construction just to make sure. Oh yeah, Supat told us there were sixty workers on the site today. Awesome. Maybe we really will move in the first week in June.
Another day with rain in the forecast, but not in reality. I just finished a new project. I made a Didjeridoo out of PVC tubing. I'd been curious about making one for a long time and noticed some scrap pieces at the site. I took a piece that had a good diameter for me and started reading up. Basically it's pretty simple. A length of tubing, sand the end for the mouth-piece and start playing. Of course I had to take it a bit further. Read something about opening up one end to give it a bell shape, for the tone. I ended up getting some fittings that accomplished the same effect. A nice coat of dark brown paint and I have a great sounding instrument. Oh, and I added a joint in the tubing that will allow me to change pitches. Smooth. I'll take it and my 'authentic' Didj to the circle on Sunday.
Have a Wonderful WeekEnd and enjoy the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny


The Border

A customs officer at the Mexican border noticed a man coming across
one day on a bicycle with two small sacks tied to the handlebars. He
naturally got suspicious and asked him to open the sacks, but when he
did he found nothing but sand.

This went on every day for the next month. Each time he'd stop the
bicycle and open the sacks, and he'd find only sand.

A few years later, he ran into the biker in a restaurant in Tijuana.
After some small talk he said, "Come on . I know you were smuggling
something all that time. I won't tell. I'm just curious. What was it?"

The other man said, "Bicycles."


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: