Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Perseverance

Hi,
The heat-wave is over, for now. It dropped down to 80 today and I think last night's rain had something to do with that. What ever the reason, it's a good thing. We're expecting more rain over the next three days.
The song that only a few knew was "I Wanna Be Your Lover" by Prince. I know, it was right on the tip of your tongue. Remember this?:
"__ __ __ __ , young hearts can go their way, can't put it off another day. I don't care what others say. They say we don't listen anyway __ __ __ __, hey Clue: Early 70s band of brothers. Timely song has been featured in many films.
This morning we went to the market with Boot. We wanted to go and watch her do her thing and learn the 'ropes'. There are some things better left unseen. We'd been to the market before. It's not like I didn't know what went on there. We were standing in an area where chicken and fish were being sold. I hadn't noticed the large pan on the floor next to me, until it splashed. It was full of long black fish and the only thing keeping them in was a net. I guess one of them was giving it one last try and water flew out and I was suddenly aware of fish on the floor. My attention had been on the tanks of fish. It gives a whole new meaning to the word 'fresh'. Boot picked the one she wanted, it got scooped out and the man took it off somewhere and we continued to shop. We watched with wide eyes as Boot bought everything from coconut milk to fresh cut ginger, leafy greens to chili. It was a fun excursion.
We looked at the cookie store across from the market, but they were sold out. Boot said she knew a place at the big market so off we went, into the center of town. Talk about 'action'. This was it. We went up to a grocery store and discovered some good deals. We struck out on the cookie thing, but got to see some pretty cool stuff. I spotted bootleg Frosted Flakes. How dare they. They were called Tiger Flakes, with a picture of Tony on the package. Hmm.
Since we were near the road to the property, we decided to just drive by and check it out. We ended up walking around, seeing the progress and getting answers to some burning questions. Some of the house has it's first coat of brown paint. It's going to be awesome. I forgot to take pictures, but I'll get some soon. There was a guy from the tile store working on the pattern to our bathroom wall tile. I suspected there might be a pattern and he found it. Nothing worse than disjointed leaves.
A new helmet law is going into affect that limits 2 people per bike and they both have to be wearing helmets. I don't see that happening up here. Maybe they can try to enforce it in BKK, but there aren't enough police to pull that off in CR. Not that I don't think folks should wear helmets. I do, but it's the wild west. Reminds me of the commercial where the cowboys are on the range, trying to drive a herd of cats.
Well, it's time for a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th."
~J. Andrews

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: