Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Looks like you're having more than a little rain in California. We've been keeping up a bit, people snowbound and trapped in cars, tornado warnings, cold from the north, tropical storm from the south, need I go on? How about a little break? We've got some delicious high 70s, with some mid 80s predicted for next week. You know you're wanting to soak up some rays, sip on a cool tropical fruit drink and listen to the exotic birds in the trees. Gotcha.
I'm seriously concerned about your deductive reasoning skills. I gave you two days worth of lines to a song, set the punch-line in your lap and I got nothing. The song was "Beep-Beep" by The Playmates. It was a novelty hit and reached #4. It was 1958, as reported by the only one who had the memory or sense to know the song. Like I said, you have to be old to 'know it', but it doesn't take an old timer to figure it out. Ok, I'm done. Here's one to warm your weekend:
"Whenever I'm with him, Something inside, Starts to burnin', And I'm filled with desire, Could it be the devil in me, Or is this the way love's supposed to be? Just like a __ burnin' in my heart..." Oh, and then there's "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah..." Hint: They danced in the street with the postman....
Last night, we watched some of the Australian Open. It was the match between Nadal and Tsonga. Whew! And it brings up the age old questions: who made up the scoring?, why does zero equal love, why does it go 15, 30, 40? Why do I even care?
We had a rather quiet morning and then decided to go back to the tile warehouse. Before we went there, we needed to stop at the place where we ordered our tub and shower, etc., to take some measurements. When we got there, we were told that the flooring we'd chosen was unavailable. Oh. Now we have to find another supplier. There are tons of shops with inventory, we just have to find the right one. Meanwhile, back at the warehouse, we settled on some tile for the last 'hold out' rooms and, barring the old 'out of stock' thing, the tile story is done.
After lunch, an episode of early Roswell and some coffee, we ventured out again. This time we ran errands, sort of. We're going to Bali for a week in March, and we wanted to book the flights early. We also discovered that there's a Post Office at Edison/Tops, a department store with a little grocery store attached. Makes things real simple. Mail the letter and buy some cookies. Oh yeah.
I'm doing a lot better with the driving. Getting my spacing down and today we drove the traffic circle for the second time. Basically, it's a four-way intersection with a clock tower in the center and no traffic control. You just go for it. Or, in my case, look both ways, hold my breath, and half way around I holler. It works. Life is good.
And now, it's time for the 'Funnies', from the 'Elderly Archives'. Have a Warm WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny


Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things.
During a checkup, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay,
but they might want to start writing things down to help them
remember. Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up
from his chair. "Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?" he asks.
"Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?"
"Sure."
"Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?" she asks.
"No, I can remember it."
"Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write
it down, so's not to forget it?"
He says, "I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries."
"I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it
down?" she asks.
Irritated, he says, "I don't need to write it down, I can remember it!
Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness
sake!" Then he toddles into the kitchen.
After about 20 minutes, the old man returns from the kitchen and hands
his wife a plate of bacon and eggs.
She stares at the plate for a moment.
"Where's my toast?"


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: