Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
It's Friday again. I haven't been keeping up with the weather in America lately. Just been enjoying the perfect 'winter' weather in LOS. Warm days and cool, not cold, nights. There are many people in the region who have a hard time at night. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that many live in thatch houses or ones that don't keep the cold out.
I'm so happy I got responses to the song, that were correct. "A Thousand Miles Away", by The Heartbeats, was first released in 1957 and then re-released in 1960. A bunch of you remembered the sequel, "Daddy's Home" by Shep and the Limelights. It had the same melody and the same lead singer. No wonder you got confused. But you shoulda known.
For the weekend, "She's got electric boots, a mohair suit, you know I read it in a magazine, __ __ __ __..."
Clues: By a prolific writer during the 70s. Wrote the music and sang the lyrics of his writing partner. Flashy, modern day Liberace (my opinion), bigger than life. Song is about a musical group fronted by a woman. Hmm.
Well, we bought the truck today. There was a bit of drama just after I dropped the former owner at his place. Looked down and noticed the tank was empty. Boot and I went and got gas as soon as I limped home. They don't have self-service here. You pull up, tell them what you want and it's done. Never got out of the truck. I took it out for my first solo run. Went to the property, just to check things out. Supat was really surprised that I drove myself out there on the first 'driving'. Me too. I'm still hitting the wipers from time to time, but I'm getting the feel of driving a stick and the difference with diesel. Monday I'm going out with a driving instructor to learn the ways of driving, Thai style, so I'll know the ins and outs. I've been watching but it's different when you're driving. Like, when is it polite to cut in front of someone. It seems to be done on a regular basis and nobody honks. I'll fill you in on the scoop on Monday.
While I was at the site, Yuthana showed up with a stack of papers. It was the complete plans that he submitted to the city land office. We got all the stamps of approval, which means that we can now get an address. Later in the day, Third called to say that he had picked up the brand new Chanote (Deed). It's a very special day today.
The Sunday Ceremony is getting more involved every time I talk to Supat. Tomorrow he's taking us to a shop to get some Lana style outfits to wear. He also told me that in the evening we'll send up another big balloon. It's going to be quite a busy day. We'll try and get lots of pics to share with you.
Now, it's time for the 'Funnies'. Have a Cool WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after
eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. The two
gentlemen were talking, and one said, "Last night we went out to a new
restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly.

The other man said, "What is the name of the restaurant?"

The first man thought and thought and finally said, "What is the name
of that flower you give to someone you love? You know... the one that's
red and has thorns."

"Do you mean a rose?"

"Yes, that's the one," replied the man. He then turned towards the
kitchen and yelled, "Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to
last night?

***********************

A man was telling his neighbor, "I just bought a new hearing aid. It
cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art. It's
perfect."
"Really," answered the neighbor. "What kind is it?"
"Twelve thirty."


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: