Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Thing

Hi.
I can always tell when you're reading these messages 'cause I get tons of response to really popular oldies. That's why I give you easy ones sometimes, I like to get mail. A few of you wrote that it was on the tip of your tongue. Well:
"They say I'm lazy but it takes all my time. I keep on goin' guess I'll never know why __ __ __ to me so far" That ought to do it. If you don't know by now, but that's another song.
I forgot to tell you a funny story about the tub shopping. The last store we went to wasn't very busy. We had nine young people helping us find the tub of our dreams. They ran around looking for catalogs, held the tape measure (I finally found a metric one at a hardware store) and generally made us feel quite welcome. That doesn't happen at Homey Ds, does it?
The August Chronicles: It's been awhile since we've had any reflections on the little one. We talked to them on Skype on your Monday night. They were looking at pictures of the house while we talked. August said, 'It looks perfect'. At another point he said that he likes Thailand. What a kid. He knows how much we're digging what we're doing and he wants to be alright with it too. One day he'll get here. Oh, he also knows that when he's talking to us, he should look in the camera, not at the screen. Now that's impressive. Anyway, there's a store we pass every day, full of amps, speakers, mixers and stuff. I've started calling it 'August's Store'.
We had our first official Thai Lesson today and a language institute. They mostly teach Thais to speak English, but the also teach Thai. We'll be having private lessons with a young woman named Ploy. So far, she's a good teacher. We covered some old ground and some new and our heads were full when we left. We even have homework. During dinner, Lisa was ordering in Thai and forgot the English word she was trying to translate. Caught in the 'no language zone' (que creepy music). We had a good laugh over that one.
I posted pictures of the house. Mostly exterior, but a few inside shots. When we go back, I'll take more. At least you'll get a feel for what we're talking about and why we're so excited. Before long, you'll know the place like the back of your foot. (Ha) Gotcha.
Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny


"To do the useful thing,
to say the courageous thing,
to contemplate the beautiful thing:
that is enough for one man's life."
~T.S. Eliot


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: