Monday, September 3, 2007

Follow

Hi,
Well, here we are in Thailand. Our entire trip was as smooth as (dare I say it?), Thai silk. (Ha) For starters, after Jeff dropped us off at LAX, as we pushed our cart towards inspection, we heard a voice from behind asking if we needed help. It was Blue and Ming. They really surprised us. After we checked our bags, we hung out for about an hour and a half. It was just what we needed to pass the time and take the edge off.
Our flight to Taipei was as expected, long. Lisa read, I watched movies and dozed. I also played solitaire on my laptop, which made me sleepy (good to know). The second leg of the trip was more of the same, only Lisa watched a couple of movies too. At one point, I glanced over at her screen and saw that she was watching something I'd seen, except it was a scene I didn't remember. I had fallen asleep and didn't even know it. Hmm.
We breezed through immigration with our new visas, got our bags and checked in for our flight to Chiang Rai. When we arrived in CR, we were greeted by Aunt Jen and her son Pui. Another big surprise. Can't tell you how 'cared for' we felt. They drove us to the hotel and we settled in, to a smaller room than we wanted. More about all that later.
Where were you this weekend. Only a few brave souls wrote to tell me the song was "Leavin' On A Jet Plane", by Peter, Paul and Mary. I know, a bit corny, but appropriate.
"__,__ __, I've thought about us for a long, long time..." Hint: It's from '77, done by Leroy's friend. It should be an easy one.
It's getting late, after a busy day. I'll fill in the blanks tomorrow. I must tell you about a sign we saw this evening while at dinner. It was pointing to the rest room and it read "Please, mindthestep". You might actually trip, trying to figure out the sign. Hmm.
Does 'Labor Day' mean you have to labor? Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

PS SlingBox is working. Whoopee!


"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.
I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see their beauty,
believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
Louisa May Alcott

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: