Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Well, as predicted, give them an easy one and get lots of mail. It was "We've Only Just Begun" by The Carpenters. The song surfaced as a bank commercial and the rest is history. Sad ending for the brother/sister team, with Karen leaving us much too soon.
Here's a little challenge for the weekend: "Got on board a westbound 747. Didn't think before deciding what to do.
Ooh, that talk of opportunities, TV breaks and movies Rang true, sure rang true. Seems __ __ __ __ __ __" Hint: How's the weather in L.A. this week? It's from '73.
Another 'first' today. I've been having a little joint pain in a couple of fingers, so we decided to go to the hospital to get it checked out, and see what the place was like. Overbrook Hospital was founded in 1903. We entered and went to the information window. I explained that I wanted to see an English speaking doctor about my hand. She sent me to registration, where a copy of my passport provided most of the needed info. I learned that I was born in the Thai year 2486. They had a program that converted my birth date. I'm in the system now. We were then sent to building 47, a short walk across a driveway. Building 47 was not like a hospital at all. There was a giant screen playing a music video of a popular Thai singer. We checked in and a young nurse took me to a table and interviewed me, took my blood pressure and weighed me. We sat and waited a bit and saw the doctor. A very nice man with good English skills. (Must ask him where he trained.) After many questions about my health, an exam of my hands and knees, he put me on an anti-inflammatory for a week, to see if it helped. The staff seemed bright, happy, and eager to make us comfortable. In the end, the charge for the doctor visit was $6, plus the prescription, which was filled in #47 before we left. I guess that should answer any questions about medical care. Oh, and it all happened in under an hour!
On our walk back to the hotel, we met a guy and his beautiful dog. Pics are posted. We also walked through the market. We saw things we will never eat. Some things one just shouldn't see. It's all very fascinating, even with the occasional smell from hell or the sight to make you scream. We walked past a store we've seen before, and saw an antique table and chair set that I had to photograph. Incredible carving. Check it out.
Oh, almost forgot. We've been catching up on old DVDs at our local rental shop. They have a lot of English speaking movies. We mostly go for the romantic comedies with a few dramas mixed in. If we rent two, we get a third for free. Total cost: about $2.45. Hmm, we saw fresh popcorn at 7-11.
Have a Great WeekEnd and enjoy the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

A man was telling his neighbor, "I just bought a new hearing aid. It
cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art. It's
perfect."
"Really," answered the neighbor. "What kind is it?"
"Twelve thirty."

**************

Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical. A
few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a
gorgeous young woman on his arm. A couple of days later, the doctor
spoke to Morris and said, "You're really doing great, aren't you?"
Morris replied, "Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mamma and
be cheerful.'"
The doctor said, "I didn't say that. I said, 'You've got a heart
murmur; be careful.'"


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: