Thursday, June 18, 2020

Future


Hi,

As promised, today was very much like yesterday.  Cooler temps, cloudy sky and light drizzle in the morning.  Yes!

Only two people knew the ‘Zany Day’ song, or so it would seem.  Here’s more from this crazy record.
“Microbiologically speaking, when I start churnin’, burnin’, and turnin’ I’ll make your atoms move so fast expandin’ your molecules causing a friction fire burnin’ you on your neutron causing you to scream, ‘Hit me in the proton, baby.’  (I don’t know what I’m talkin’ about).  Hit me with the one and then, if you like, hit me again.  We love you __ __, your funk is the best (talk).  Take my body, give it the mind to funk with the rest (kiss me on my ego)…”  Clue:  The title is a take-off on the name of a giant creation that terrified a village, even though he wasn’t bad.  This one is a musical monster of the funk.  

This morning we took another walk on the ‘walking path’ and stopped by the river.  Even though it’s about a minute from our house, it seemed like we were out in the country.  We can see the hill from our house, not realizing how it looked without other things in the way.  JaiDee seemed to enjoy the ‘pause’ in the walk.


The Wanderer was our morning destination and things were different.  The main ‘shop’ is now in what they call the Air/con room.  It’s closer to the kitchen and is better for the small staff that is running the place.  It still works well and the setting is cosy and intimate.  With jazz piano in the background, we sat in the Glass room with JaiDee, and had rose tea and roti.  Just as we were leaving, a lot more people arrived.  We’re happy that the place is getting it’s audience back, we’ll just have to remember to arrive early.  

This afternoon was my second session of physical therapy at Bangkok Hospital.  Based on the walks yesterday and today, I think it’s already helping.  I did learn something interesting today.  If you ask a question and they show you an exercise, you will get charged.  I would be irritated, but the exercises are good and I won’t get charged again.  Sometimes life is so weird.

I guess I don’t have to tell you that the virus doesn’t take vacations or breaks.  Just because it’s not the first thing on your mind doesn’t mean it’s gone.  Follow the precautions like your life depended on them.  Hmm, yes, it’s like that.

Tonight I went with Lisa, JaiDee, Cat and Noom on the walk.  I did one lap of the path (20 minutes) with no pain.  This is great.  In the past I have had to wait in the van.  Imagine that, all excited about walking around.  Hey, beats a treadmill.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.    Mask, gel, space.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“For all of its uncertainty,
we cannot flee the future.”
~Barbara Jordan

No comments: