Monday, June 1, 2020

Accept

Hi,

It goes without saying that the weekend was hot.  We had a little thunder, lightning and rain just to make us feel like we weren’t being neglected by the weather.  

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Johnny B. Goode” by Chuck Berry.  This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song should bring up memories of the 60’s for some.  “There’s something happening here, but what it is ain’t exactly clear.  There’s a man with a gun over there, telling me I got to beware.  I think it’s time we stop, children, what’s that sound?  Everybody look, what’s going down?  Hint:  The title is not in the lyrics, the group was named after a steam-roller.  The year was 1966.

Saturday morning we went to Big C bright and early.  It seems like every time we go to any of the big stores, there is an upgrade in their tracking system.  While we were there, we remembered that we wanted to get JaiDee a large ball to play with.  Since he doesn’t really relate to little balls, we thought he’d like something like he sees the big boys playing with at the walking place.  The one we got him had pictures of Doraemon (a cartoon character), not that he knows who that is.  When we presented it to him, his first instinct was to bite it, but it was too big.  He proceeded to kick it around, chase it and bark at it, which was what we hoped he would do.  It lasted for about 24 hours before he finally managed to accidentally hit it with a tooth and it deflated.  Tomorrow we’re getting him a soccer ball.  That should make him very happy (555).

The Central Plaza Mall was our next stop.  We’re back to our little routine of getting coffee at Starbuck’s before entering the mall.  A couple of the staff members keep asking me if I want a ‘Skinny Blueberry' muffin and I have to remind them that I’m on a diet.  It’s the easiest way to defuse the conversation before telling them all the reasons ‘why not’.  Oh, but it would taste so good with the iced-coffee.  I delivered my laptop to the repair center for a new battery and we went to Top’s market with our list of things we needed.  There have been a few dietary changes since we got the results of our recent blood tests.  General health is still good, just fine-tuning a few things.  One thing I’m realizing is that my taste buds have been conditioned to identify certain flavors as good and reject blander ones as bad.  Then, when one gets to a certain age, the taste is not the issue but rather, whether it is worth it to just eat for the taste.  We’ve been label readers for a long time and it’s still amazing what my mouth had approved as acceptable.  I may end up eating ice with JaiDee and liking it (555).

The weekend news from America was/is most unsettling.  There are so many memories, feelings and realities swirling around in my head and heart.  I’ll let you sit with it in whatever way you need to.  There will be a time when everyone will have to face the truth about many things.  

Meanwhile, Thailand reported one new case of the virus today, and things are opening up as far as movement is concerned.  There was actual traffic on the streets, and people sitting in restaurants.  Most people are masking up and trying.  The hardest part for many is the “Social Distancing” thing.  Like standing in line to go through the screening at the big stores.  There are lines on the ground telling you where to stand, yet someone will just walk right up and stand a foot away.  Irritating to say the least.

Today’s photo is titled “Wild Kingdom”.


Have a Great Week.

                        Peace,  
                                  Danny

“I am no longer accepting
the things I cannot change.
I’m changing the things 
I cannot accept.”
~Dr. Angela Davis

No comments: