Monday, December 16, 2019

Run


Hi,

Happy days are here again (555).  It’s really getting warmer.  As directed by my brother, who lives in Colorado, I will stop complaining about the cold.  As he put it, "The ‘Hawk’ ain’t Thai”.  If you don’t know about The Hawk, we’ll have a lesson soon.

The ‘Old School Friday’ tune was “Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?”, by Chicago.  Probably one of the longer song titles in those days.  Time for a change of pace, and some ‘Holiday’ songs.  We’ll kick off ‘Easy Monday’ with a classic:  “__ __, just slip a sable under the tree, for me.  Been an awful good girl, __ __, so hurry down the chimney tonight.”  Hint:  This early ‘novelty’ song became the singer’s most famous hit.  It was written in 1953, for the singer.

Things I forgot to explain:  Friday I mentioned that I would be celebrating a milestone in my Recovery, but didn’t tell you what that meant.  Well, on January 5, I will have been Clean and in Recovery for 30 years. 

Saturday morning we went to the mall for some shopping and walked into a big surprise.  A huge tree filled the entrance part of the lobby.  There were also big decorations all around the walkways.  The first photo shows the ‘tunnel of lights’, and in the second, I’m in there with a polar bear.



Sunday we had lunch at The Wanderer.  It felt a little odd without the puppy, but sometimes the adult humans need time alone.  We were all set to have dinner at Sawadee Restaurant, in the night Bazaar, but they were closed.  We opted to dine at Connect Cafe, a place we’ve known since we moved here.  It’s run by a husband and wife team who lured us in with yummy brownies and cool jazz.  We talked with the husband and asked about their twins (boy and girl).  He told us they are now in grade 4 and doing great.  On our return through the Night Bazaar we saw our friends Susan and Noy and their visiting relatives.  

Today we shopped for food in the morning and had massages from Khun Jin in the afternoon.  I got my first 2 hour massage from Jin and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be.  When it was over I felt very relaxed all over.  A few annoying aches were gone and I’ll probably want another round midway through our visit to the States.  Oh well (555).

Have a Great Week.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“Let not your mind run on what 
you lack, as much as on what you 
have already.”
~Marcus Aurelius

No comments: