Friday, December 27, 2019

Friday Funnies


Hi

The morning after the rain there were some clouds, but no indication that more water would fall from the sky.  It stayed very cold all day, at least by my measurings (555).  Afternoon dark clouds came and went and we had a dry day.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth)” by Spike Jones and His City Slickers.  
Now it’s time for an ‘Old School Friday’ that’s easy:  “The best things in life are free, but you can give them to the birds and bees.  Now give me __, (that’s what I want) That’s what I want (That’s what I want) That’s what I want.  Your love give me such a thrill, but your love don’t pay my bills, I want __, (That’s what I want) That’s what I want…”  Hint:  It’s that stuff that makes the world go ‘round, buys things, is apparently the root of all evil.  See, easy.

The morning of the big test went as planned and I got to the DMV, met my contact, and entered the building 5th in line.  Meanwhile, people were standing out in the cold for a long time, waiting.  Before one takes the written exam, there are other things to be done.  The eye test almost ran me out of the building.  First, I was told to cover my left eye and read the smallest I could see.  Got the second line with no problem.  Then she asked me to cover my right eye and use the left.  That’s when I thought they might send me home.  It was a total blur and I told her.  Finally, she took me to a machine and had me use both eyes.  I managed to do better and she passed me, with an indication that I must wear prescription lenses.  That was already on my original license.  I missed just enough that I still passed the test and right now, that’s what matters.  I’ve got five years to study (555).  Such a relief to walk out of the building and drive home, legally.

Today’s photo was sent to us from Natcha.  JaiDee is looking all grown and stuff, posing for this.  I wonder what he did next?


Out on the road, we tried to pick up a few things, but kept hitting a brick wall.  The stores we went to didn’t have what we needed.  Hmm, maybe it was time to eat.  That almost worked, but the flavor button wasn’t getting pushed. By the time we got back to the house, we had about 20 minutes for a quick snooze, trying to dodge Mr. Lag.  It really wasn’t enough, but we tried.  We had to go for our eye exams and there was no putting it off.  What seemed like a simple back-to-back appointment lasted longer than expected.  The patient before us took a long time.  

For dinner, we took Sebastian and August out for Japanese food at Mitsuwa.  It’s a combination grocery store and restaurant food court.  Each of ‘The Boys’ has he own preferences and they know a bit about the construction of some of the dishes and that makes eating with them interesting.  After dinner we went into the grocery section and they bought desserts.  It reminded me of home in that we couldn’t read the ingredients on any of the packages, but knew that most of them probably contained soy products, which left me out.  

When we got home, it was all I could do to keep my eyes open.  That ‘Man’ who controls my sleeping had control again and my head kept bobbing.  So pitiful.  

We will end the week with coffee with a cousin and supper with a sibling.  

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.           Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                             Peace,
                                       Danny


No comments: