Monday, December 9, 2019

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Mr. Freeze is on his way.  It won’t get that cold, but to those of us who live here all year, it’s starting to feel possible.  Everyone is waiting for Sunday night, when it will be the coldest in a very long time.  A temperature of 45°F when you’re used to lows in the 70’s can feel very cold.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Hit The Road Jack” by Ray Charles.  ‘Old School Friday’ is next, from his first album:
“It brings a tear, into my eyes, when I begin, to realize, I’ve cried so much since you’ve been gone.  I guess I’ll __ __ __ __ __.  I sit and cry, just like a child.  My pouring tears are running wild.  If you don’t think you’ll be home soon, I guess I’ll __ __ __ __ __.”  Hint:  Crying is involved.  Should be easy.  Note:  Back in the late 60’s I was part of a budding band.  We got an audition to record a demo at R.P.M. Studios in L.A., which was owned by Ray Charles.  I remember the producers talking about how Mr. Charles, as he was called, being able to tell who was walking down the hall by the cadence and rhythm of their footsteps.  

As Fridays go, this was a slow one.  Not much happened, besides the cold.  On the road to town there were a bunch of people selling clothes.  They had racks of warm sweaters and jackets along with lots of jeans.  I’ve always wondered where these clothes come from.  They are clearly used, so it’s not like a warehouse overflow.  There were rumors, years ago, that some of them were donations from other places that somehow got into the hands of enterprising individuals.  That’s all I’m saying on that subject.  Many local groups have fundraisers to buy blankets to take to the mountains for the people who are not prepared for extreme weather.  

I received an email letting me know that plans were underway for the 60th reunion of my high school graduating class.  Now don’t that make one feel a bit old.  Not really, it just seems like such a long time ago, and just yesterday.  Time is a funny thing.  It can make you laugh, or bring tears, sweet memories or nightmares.  I'm choosing the sweet memories these days.  I suppose that’s what gives me so much joy in the old songs.

Today’s photo is a real throwback.  It was taken on the day JaiDee came into our lives.  In a park in Chiang Mai, he’s trying to climb a tree.  What?  Hey, you’re a dog.


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                           Peace,
                                     Danny


No comments: