Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Home


Hi,

We haven’t found the source yet, but there is cold air coming from someplace and it will be getting colder by the day.  This is looking like a very cold ‘winter’ for Chiang Rai and the rest of Northern Thailand.  We have the means to stay warm, but there are many people who don’t have warm enough clothes for extreme temps.  Sunday’s low could be 45°F.  That’s crazy.

‘Easy Monday’ was easy for a lot of you.  Here are more lyrics, just in case:  “Other arms reach out to me, other eyes smile tenderly.  Still in peaceful dreams I see, the road leads back to you.  I said __, __, no peace I find.  Just an old sweet song keeps __ __ __ __.”  Clue:  A ‘state’ of mind.  The title is actually four words.

Our little alarm clock woke up at 4:20am today.  Lisa tried to get him to go back to sleep, but he only went along with it until 5ish.  Puppy management is being a full-time job.  JaiDee has so much energy and is so smart that he knows all our tricks.  He has, unfortunately, discovered the power of the bark.  Now, if we could only get him to use this power for good (555).  As it is, he’s playing it both ways.  "I bark because I want more treats, I bark because I have to go outside to relieve myself, I bark because I want to sit by the pool", etc.  Need to teach him to talk.  

We spent the morning at The Big Brown House.  We talked to Lisa’s dad, Joe, and made arrangements to see an orthopedist in the afternoon.  About a week and a half ago I dropped a shower gel bottle on my foot.  It was heavy and it hurt.  It appeared to be getting better, but a mild pain persisted.  Of course, it doesn’t help when your favorite dog likes to sit/stand on your foot.  We met with the doctor, who told us to call him Dr. Monk because his Thai name is complicated.  He had x-rays taken and discussed them with us.  There was no fracture, but a combination sprain/bruise.  Naturally, the treatment is the frustrating type: keep it elevated, try not to walk too much, and take an anti-inflammatory for pain.  Well, that sounds like fun.  Dr. Monk said it should get better in a couple of weeks.  

When we got home from the hospital, JaiDee and Natcha were sitting by the pool.  Lisa took this candid photo.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                    Peace,
                              Danny

“The ache of home lives in all of us,
the safe place where we can go as 
we are, and not be questioned.”
~Maya Angelou

No comments: