Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Madness

Hi,

By my calculations, or lack thereof, I missed sending you a Tuesday morning message.  Alterations will be made (555).

What I have calculated are our new phone numbers:  Danny= (310) 980-7434 and Lisa= (310) 980-6896.

There was supposed to be rain in Culver City on Tuesday, but thankfully, that didn’t happen.  It was cool and sunny. The rain will come sometime today (Wednesday).  

Right now you’ve had the ‘Easy Monday’ song for one day and those who know, remember it was another Charles Brown song:  “Merry Christmas, Baby”.  I’m going to move on to a ‘Zany Day’, holiday tune, just to keep me in the right ‘rhythm’ for the rest of the week.  “’Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.  Suddenly I heard a strange noise down below, so, in my flannel pajamas I went tippy-toe.  I could see old Saint Nick from the spot where I stood, so I slid down the banister just as fast as I could.  __ __ __ __ __ (__ __ __ __ __), __ __ __ __, see, __ __ __ __.  Gee, if I could only have __ __ __ __ then I could wish you Merry Christmas.”  Hint:  This is from 1948, by a novelty song band leader.  No apples for this kid.

We arrived in Los Angeles at 6:15am on Tuesday morning.  It took 1.5 hours to go through the process of Border Patrol clearance and baggage retrieval and then customs.  Those last two parts were really a snap.  Whenever several international flights arrive at LAX at the same time, there are very long lines to stand in before reaching the machines that check passports.  Then there is a person who stamps said passports.  That’s what takes time.  

By the time we got our car at Hertz, and sat down at Dinah’s for coffee and a light breakfast, a morning message was the last thing on my mind.  We knew Senior Lag was right behind us and we still had a few stops to make.  He finally tackled us after a light lunch and kept us in a headlock for several hours.

We had a delicious multiple-fish dinner with Jeff, Anna, Sebastian and August.  Anna and August did most of the cooking and it was one of those meals that called for second helpings.  In addition to the fabulous meal, the apartment had some cute, new holiday decorations that made us smile and feel welcome.  

Today’s photo is the dinner table.  


Mr. Lag is back upon us and beckoning.  Time to submit to the bliss.

Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                      Peace,
                                Danny

“You’re only given a little spark
of madness.  You mustn’t lose it.”
~Robin Williams

No comments: