Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Today was a beautiful day in Chiang Rai.  Partly cloudy with lots of blue.  It was such a warm day that I went into the pool this afternoon.  I swam a bunch of laps, which tells me at least two things: My energy level is up and tomorrow I may be sore (555).

That ‘Middle Song’ that baffled many of you was “You Really Got A Hold On Me” by The Miracles.  Here’s the link, but note that the group is mis-labeled.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdDnqSFYXFs
‘Old School Friday’ is next, and this is from The Miracles first album, back in 1961.  “(Intro) When I became of age, my mother called me to her side.  She said, ‘Son, you’re growing up now, pretty soon you’ll take a bride.’ and then she said:  Just because you’ve become a young man now, there’s still some things that you don’t understand now.  Before you ask some girl for her hand now, keep your freedom for as long as you can now.  My mama told me, you better __ __.”  Hint:  Imagine what you do when browsing through shops.  Hmm.  

The three of us did a lot of snoozing today.  Lisa, Jai Dee and I spent the bulk of the day in some kind of daze.  It didn’t break until late afternoon.  The little one started it by influencing us to stay up late.  After breakfast he came upstairs and crashed, which gave us permission to catch some extra winks, and so it went.  When he’s awake, he’s real ‘bitey’ with his new teeth coming in.  He has tons of toys to chew on, but fingers and arms seem to be his favorites.  Oh, and vertical portions of the house, like furniture, door jams, chair legs, etc.  It’s just a phase until the teething ends, but it’s taking it’s toll.  In between the manic biting he’s so cute it’s easily forgiven. 


This Sunday we’ll be going to Mae Chan, to the home of The Chiang Rai Hills, a stadium built by Count Gerry for the Hill Tribe football team he supports.  That’s where the presentation of Thai artists will take place.  Another one of those ‘off into the unknown’ affairs.  There will be lots to talk about.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.    It’s time for the ‘Funnies’.

                       Peace,
                                 Danny


No comments: