Monday, October 22, 2018

Believe

Hi,

It has become very clear that the rainy season in not over.  We’ve had several storms since I wrote.  Sunday night we had that ‘lake effect’ rain.  The entire front yard was reflecting the sky.  Today was cloudy and nice.

The ‘Old School Friday’ tune was “No Particular Place To Go” by Chuck Berry.  Here’s an ‘Easy Monday’ song that should have you singing all day:  “What would you think if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me?  Lend me your ears and I’ll sing you a song and I’ll try not to sing out of key.  Oh, I get by __ __ __ __ __ __ __, mm, I get high __ __ __ __ __ __ __, mm gonna try __ __ __ __ __ _ __.”  Hint:  Way too easy for a hint, except to say that glad the Sergeant taught the band to play (555).

Saturday we had coffee with our friends Chalit and Nu.  They are the heart of Bliss Photographic Studios and we’ve been friends for a long time.  I had coffee and roti, Lisa had rose tea, and the brothers Bliss had giant cheese burgers for breakfast.  Amazing.  Our discussions covered a lot of territory, including investments, art, and the trials and tribulations of being an artist.  We seem to end up enlightening each other in our ‘process’ and come away feeling like we got a glimpse of what it’s all about.  

In the afternoon I had a great massage from Khun Jin.  I hadn’t had a full massage for a long time and things just got to the point where I had to surrender.  Normally, Thai massage can go pretty deep into the muscles, but when directed to be gentle, Jin reminded me why I used to like massages.  

Sunday we has another lunch with our friend Lisa, and her parents, Edwin and Suan.  This time they invited us to their house on Buffalo Hill.  It was a feast beyond expectation.  Among the interesting dishes, were baked cassava root fresh from their yard, honey from their bee hive, and a homemade carrot cake that goes back two generations.  We were all stuffed by the time it was over.  We really enjoy spending time with them, hearing stories of Thailand years ago, and getting answers to questions that have been needing answers.  The house is like a museum, with artwork and antiques collected over time.  

Today’s photos were taken at the beautiful home on the hill.  The first photo is me standing by a giant wood carving.  The second is a while marble carving of Quan Yin, from the Mae Sai district. 



Have a Great Week.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“Those who can make you
believe absurdities can make 
you commit atrocities.”
~Voltaire

No comments: