Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Well, no rain today.  Just hot and muggy.  Down in Bangkok, they said it was raining in Chiang Rai.  They should call us first, before they go to press.  

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)” by Sly & The Family Stone.  It’s time for another chapter of ‘Old School Friday’, this time brought to you by the year 1959:  “I’m going to __ __, __ __ here I come.  I’m going to __ __, __ __ here I come.  They got some crazy lil’ women there and I’m gonna get me one.  I’m gonna be standing on the corner, Twelfth street and Vine.  I’m gonna be standing on the corner, Twelfth street and Vine, with my __ __ baby and a bottle of __ __ wine.”  Hint:  The title is a place.  Everybody in the world has sung this song, but the original ‘Hit’ was by a cat with the initials W.H.  Work that memory (555).

This morning I finally gave in to the fact that my back and shoulder were in need of relief.  We’ve been trying home remedies such as rubs, electric stimulation and hot towels, but it persisted.  The lower back seems to be announcing itself more dramatically in the mornings and all of this is a clear sign that it’s time for another treatment.  

After lunch we set out on the highway for Mae Chan and the office of Dr. Mark (aka Dr. Happy).  On the way, we stopped at ArtBridge to see about a T-shirt I'd ordered.  It’s related to the mural project about the rescue of The Wild Boars football team from the caves.  While we were waiting for my shirt, we toured the main gallery exhibit.  Back on the highway, the traffic moved at a steady pace for a Friday afternoon.  Dr. Mark took photos of my back so we could see the muscles in spasm.  Wow, had no idea that it looked like it did.  Who sees their back, especially when it’s in pain?  Anyway, some parts have improved, which is always good news.  Some things can’t be fixed so we go for improving the quality of life.  

Chopper is spending the evening with us.  He is mellowing, so it’s a good time to do more socialization with him.  Tonight’s experience is quite different than the times when he had to be monitored constantly.  Daku is mostly sleeping through it.  

Today’s photo was taken by Natcha.  Nitchanan was sitting on the stairs, probably thinking about dashing upstairs.


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.       Time for the ‘Funnies’ and a reminder that Formula 1 will be in Russia this week.

                      Peace,
                                Danny


No comments: