Monday, April 9, 2018

Task

Hi,

Chiang Rai has been having some special weather lately.  The smoke is gone, the skies are clear and the temps are hot.  You’d never know this is the prelude to the rainy season.  It’s perfect weather for Songkran, especially if you like to play in the water.  

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “I Only Have Eyes For You” by The Flamingos.  Time for a really easy ‘Easy Monday’ song.  “Well, she was just seventeen, you know what I mean.  And the way she looked was way beyond compare.  So how could I dance with another (Oooh). When __ __ __ __ __ ?”  Hint:  Fab Four, 1963, let the invasion begin.  Cue screaming teens.  

We had more rain over the weekend.  Not a lot, but water just the same.  Most of the time it was ideal.  The two art exhibits we attended were both stimulating and it was a chance to reconnect with friends and meet a few new people.  Cat told us that one of the students she teaches is also an artist.  She went to a student workshop at ArtBridge and won a prize in a drawing contest.  We saw her work before Cat told us and it was quite good.  She’s 12, so there’s lots of time to learn.  

Chopper continues to grow and we can’t wait for the biting phase to be over.  When he’s not obsessed with chomping on Daku or one of us, he’s very cute.  Watching him play by himself keeps us laughing.  Gong made a shelter for him inside his enclosure and it has a tunnel that ends with his bed.  I would have loved something like that when I was a kid.  Lisa figured out that Chopper will eat his food as long as there are no veggies.  He doesn’t mind the meat or the coconut oil.  I guess he’s like lots of kids (555).  

This morning we went to the gym.  This is a big deal.  We got there about 9:30am and it wasn’t very crowded at all.  We did a little warm-up and did a few things to get back in the groove.  We weren’t there very long, we know how easy it is to over do it.  I got that familiar feeling, the one that says I can do more.  We’ll be going back Wednesday and we’ll add a little bit more.  The gym has a wide variety of machines and we noticed that there were a lot of people working with trainers, as in personal trainers, not shoes.  More of that cross-cultural language blah, blah.  

When we were in Australia you may recall that I had to go through a whole thing of resetting my phone because I hit a wrong button.  I have since discovered that some words on my phone are spelled differently as a result.  The ‘trash’ in my mail in now called the ‘bin’, and the word ‘center’ is now spelled ‘centre’.  Oh, very sneaky indeed.  Now I’m looking for more subversive words on my phone (555).

Today’s photo is from a series I call ‘Yard Work’.  Neechanon’s parents took the pic and I just love her expression.


Have a Great Week.

                      Peace,
                                Danny

“Your task is not to seek for love,
but merely to seek and find all the
barriers within yourself that you 
have built against it.”
~Rumi

No comments: