Thursday, April 5, 2018

Suffering

Hi,

The air was quite breathable today.  All the little storms and showers are making a difference.  Last night I saw the stars and this morning the sky was blue.  Life is good.

Unless I hear something soon, you’ve been stumped by another ‘Zany Day’ song.  “Leroy, boy, you’re my friend.  You say how and I’ll say when.  Come and meet me down the street, take a seat, it’s my treat.  You may not ever get this chance again, that empty feeling’s just about to end.  __ __ __ __ __ __, it’s like nothin’ else to make you feel you’re alive… And when we’re through with you, we’ll get me one too.”  Hint:  That’s what friends are for.

Chopper has many ‘play names’ that I have given him, but I like the newest the best.  I’m referring to him as ‘Howlin’ Wolf’ lately because of the way he greets me.  Every morning, when I go down to the kitchen, he and Daku are waiting for their breakfast.  As soon as I open the door he turns to me and gives me the cutest little baby howl, as if to say, 'good morning, I’m about to get fed’.  Most mornings he is very enthusiastic about eating, but today he wanted nothing to do with food.  Like some little humans, he just wasn’t hungry.  Late this afternoon Natcha fixed him some food and finally got him to eat.  She’s such a good mom.  

Chopper getting spoon fed.


This afternoon we went for our first swim of the year.  The water was warmer than I expected.  That first lap is the one that must be endured, then it feels good.  Chopper was very curious about us being in the water.  I just hope his curiosity doesn’t get the best of him when no one is around.  He has to learn how to get out of the pool.  

This morning I was fooling around with Google, looking for the gym we plan to use, and I discovered Chiang Rai likes to work out.  I had no idea, and why should I (555).  If the air holds, we’ll start working out next week.  Fitness is big business.  With the lack of chain gyms, it’s quite affordable.  Hmm, I just have to remember that I’m not 25 and not to get too excited.  Going to the gym with young people can be hazardous to one’s health (555).  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“Although the world is full of suffering,
it is also full of overcoming it.”
~Helen Keller

No comments: