Monday, August 3, 2015

Miracle

Hi,

Well, the forecast called for rain all week and so far we have had two days of it.  Two days of non-stop, light to moderate rain with a few heavy moments.  Could this be our missing rainy season?

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “The Great Pretender” by The Platters.  It’s time for ‘Easy Monday’.  “I need to laugh, and when the sun is out, I’ve got something I can laugh about.  I feel good, in a special way.  I’m in love and it’s a sunny day.  __ __ __, __ __ __, __ __ __.”   Hint:  A greeting to the ball of fire.

Saturday morning we had to take Daku to the vet.  He has a hotspot that wasn’t healing and one vet told us it was due to the humidity.  We decided to take him to his number one doc for a diagnosis.  One side of his face has a hotspot, the other has some kind of possible infection.  Daku was taken to another room for hair trimming around the area.  When he came back he was totally cool.  We don’t know what they did, but the hair was trimmed.  He won’t let us trim the hair on his face or feet.    Daku is wearing the hood whenever we can’t watch him closely, but he seems alright with it. 

Blue and I have a lot of fun remembering things from our youth.  Some days it’s TV shows, other days it things from our neighborhood.  Then there are those days when songs become the focus and one will remind us of another and so on.  I have come to the conclusion that my fun memory bank has an evil twin that wants me to loop an obnoxious or stupid songs for a whole day at a time.  I won’t tell you what the songs were, that would be just so wrong.  Just know that nursery rhymes, jingles, and folk songs can creep in and attack you at any time.  You’ve been warned.

It struck me that the easiest way to walk the dog in the rain would be to wear a hooded raincoat like the bikers wear.  I don’t know why it took me so long to think of it.  When Blue and I left for Makro this morning, I mentioned it to him but totally forgot about looking for one.  Tomorrow I go to the everything store.  

Today’s photo was taken in our yard.  These are the bamboo we planted when they were tiny shoots.  We may have to get more.


Have a Great Week.

             Peace,
                       Danny

“People say walking on water is a miracle,
but to me walking peacefully on earth
is the real miracle.”
~Thch Nhat Hanh

No comments: