Monday, August 24, 2015

Kindness


Hi,

The weather on Koh Samui was very nice for the remainder of our visit.  A flu attack did not allow us to enjoy it to it’s fullest.  

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Guess Who” by Jesse Belvin.  Here’s a clip, since most of you don’t know it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYRlOjJrjG0  ‘Easy Monday’ is going to be just one line.  I think you’ll know:
“People say I’m the life of the party ‘cause, I tell a joke or two.”  Hint:  Think 1970 motor artist with many hits.  There may have been crying involved. 

Saturday morning Lisa suspected a previous bout with bronchitis might have returned.  We went to Bangkok Hospital, part of a national chain of hospitals, where things were very efficient.  Her diagnosis was correct and, of course, a few medications were given.  I was starting to feel a little achy but thought nothing of it until I finished with a workshop at the convention.  When I returned to the room we compared notes and we both had what sounded like flu symptoms.  Not much to do about that but ride it out.  We missed the banquet that evening, instead, watching a couple of marathons of TV shows.  

Sunday morning was not much different, but we went to the restaurant and had breakfast.  We decided that since we were on this beautiful island, we should at least walk into the water.  It was wonderful.  I just wish the thought of going all the way in was something my body agreed with. 

On our flight back to the mainland, we had separate seats, which doesn’t usually happen.  I was sandwiched between two guys from Italy.  I listened to music and tried to doze.  I began having abdominal pain which lasted for the rest of the trip home.  It wasn’t until we got settled that I remembered that I’d taken the Thai version of Tylenol to releve the aching feelings, and that is like poison for me.  Lessons learned.

It seems that almost every time we fly from Bangkok to Chiang Rai, we know someone on the flight.  This time was no exception.  Our friend Sunny, who studies in Bangkok, was flying home for a visit.  Rudi picked us up at the airport, where it was not raining, yet Blue told us it was raining at our house.  Sure enough, a few turns from the house the streets were wet.  That is the definition of ‘Rain nearby’.  We are both taking it easy, which is all we can do.  Natcha and Pawn are doing a lot and it’s a big help when you feel so helpless.  

Right now it’s still no fun at all.  I’ll just leave you with some visual memories of our weekend.  

  Early Sunday morning view of the pool and ocean.

 
One of Bangkok Airways Island Themed paint jobs.

        A floral ‘Welcome home’ at Chiang Rai Airport.

Have a Great Week.

            Peace,
                      Danny

“No act of kindness , no matter how small,
is ever wasted.”
~Aesop

No comments: